GT: Twins (53-29) @ White Sox (38-42), June 30

soxfan49

10 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Robert has been better this year than Acuna and Soto were last year prior to their call ups.

Yeah but atlanta is in win now mode. So they rushed acuña cause they needed the impact. Sox ain't winning this year. No need to expose Robert and burn a year of service on a lost season. With Robert or not the sox ain't winning anything in 19.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Yeah but atlanta is in win now mode. So they rushed acuña cause they needed the impact. Sox ain't winning this year. No need to expose Robert and burn a year of service on a lost season. With Robert or not the sox ain't winning anything in 19.

So what. Why is this the rationale everyone keeps using? 

If he's ready he should play. His development needs to happen at the MLB level at this point. Pushing that off to next year helps no one and hurts them next year.

14 hours ago, mqr said:

Not if comes with 14 CS. He has the speed, but he is just not a good base stealer

He stole 50 or so his first year in minors, but that was probably 15-20 pounds ago.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So what. Why is this the rationale everyone keeps using? 

If he's ready he should play. His development needs to happen at the MLB level at this point. Pushing that off to next year helps no one and hurts them next year.

Ok if you say so......😔

Edited by JoshPR

10 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Ok if you say so......😔

Service time exploitation is complete and utter garbage and is not acting in good faith what-so-ever. Just because players havent been able to prove their case in front of an arbiter because it's really difficult to argue something that is subjective... it doesn't make it OK or correct.

What is Robert working on in AA right now? The excuse with Eloy was defense centric. What's the made up nonsense regarding Robert?

I'm a White Sox fan. I want to see the best players the White Sox have play for their team. Robert is one of those players.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Service time exploitation is complete and utter garbage and is not acting in good faith what-so-ever. Just because players havent been able to prove their case in front of an arbiter because it's really difficult to argue something that is subjective... it doesn't make it OK or correct.

I am not convinced Robert is ready, but if you want to contend in 2020, isn’t better to let him adjust to the league now when the games don’t matter?

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's been the best all around player in MiLB this year. If he's not ready then no one is.

I get that.  I could see giving him ABs in AAA to sharpen his eye on outside breaking balls cuz that is how he’s going to be attacked, but fundamentally, I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What is Robert working on in AA right now? The excuse with Eloy was defense centric. What's the made up nonsense regarding Robert?

I'm a White Sox fan. I want to see the best players the White Sox have play for their team. Robert is one of those players.

Dude, he has 550 or so professional at bats. He has done well, but 200 or so more professional at bats in the minors won’t kill him, and I would much rather have a 5-tool CF at the age of 28 hitting his peak as a major league player, potentially delivering a 6 WAR year in a season the Sox will be assuredly competitive than a couple of months of him figuring it out to satisfy your impatience.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

13 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Dude, he has 550 or so professional at bats. He has done well, but 200 or so more professional at bats in the minors won’t kill him, and I would much rather have a 5-tool CF at the age of 28 hitting his peak as a major league player, potentially delivering a 6 WAR year in a season the Sox will be assuredly competitive than a couple of months of him figuring it out to satisfy your impatience.

Don't even bother, you'll never convince him that rushing Robert to the big leagues due to lack of patience is pure stupidity.