7/7 Games

SoxAce

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It helps guys more with less power than it does guys with more power. A guy like rutherford might get a grade bump with it.

The juiced ball gives the 12 HR guy 20 but it doesn't bump the 30hr guy to 38. The ball might even be worse this year so we'll see at eoy if that changes. 

It only helps if you put the ball in the air enough and Rutherford has historically not done that a ton.  I guess we’ll see, but I don’t think the juiced ball solves all his issues.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It only helps if you put the ball in the air enough and Rutherford has historically not done that a ton.  I guess we’ll see, but I don’t think the juiced ball solves all his issues.

Agree with you here. He has a really nice swing path. I think he can find some more loft. If he doesn't he's nothing - I agree there. A lot of youth coaches still selfishly teach a flat/downward swing path halfway through the zone because ground balls work well in youth and HS baseball - even college to some extent. Big leaguers dont fail to convert grounders into outs though. 

That teaching maximizes your lesser talent but hurts your top talents progress.

I think rutherford is a minor change away from lifting more often but I could be 100% wrong.

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

When leaving the studio to air the game, the panel was asked who they're most excited about. Girardi said Robert.

And the NL goes 1-2-3 so here come Madrigal and Robert.

Hopefully he will be managing Robert in the near future

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Weak groundouts for both of our guys. Not too familiar with the futures game- are they likely to get more ABs or are they going to be taken out after an inning or two like the MLB ASG?

They'll get at least 2. Sometimes you'll get a guy who gets 3. With Thome managing, could be the latter. ;) But with the 7th innings rule change now... who knows.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Griffey is so full of himself

I didn't really listen to him, but between the prepubescent voice and his appearance, I can see why they called him the Kid. He's almost 50 and could probably pass as a college freshman.