Sox @ KC - 715pm CT (Giolito v. Junis)

ChiSox59

Losing to KC with Gio on the mound is not what the doctor ordered.  It might work to our advantage that RH is seeing this crap. Whatever he does over the next couple of weeks is not clouded with any false ideas about are needs.  We will be much improved next year with our injured players returning and the addition of Robert & Madrigal...but lots of work still to do.  Rick might have a busy couple of weeks.

Just now, The Sir said:

Jose isn't what he once was. If we extend him at all, as our prospects come hit and turn into MLB sluggers, he needs to hit 7th or so. How about a diminished skills clause?

That's the main thing that is scaring me about extending him. You know Ricky is going to continue to play him at 1B regularly and bat 3rd regularly. 

We're finally playing to our roster. Hard to believe we hovered near .500 for so long with this pitching staff and so many automatic outs.

That said ... it's funny we play Central teams so many times that it's a different Sox and Royals team each time. This is a pathetic Sox team that will get swept. Other times we play KC we are a confident team on fire and win the series. My suggestion is the way we're playing on the road, bet the house the rest of the season on us to lose road games as well as taking the under.

Hahn gets his way. He'll be flipping like a burger cooker the next few weeks.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That's the main thing that is scaring me about extending him. You know Ricky is going to continue to play him at 1B regularly and bat 3rd regularly. 

Two things need to happen to tell me that JR is actually serious about winning:

1. Fire Renteria 

2. Fire Renteria 

3. Start spending to get top talent regardless of whether they're pitcher or position player. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Jose isn't what he once was. If we extend him at all, as our prospects come hit and turn into MLB sluggers, he needs to hit 7th or so. How about a diminished skills clause?

I'm surprised he's done this well. It has to be difficult concentrating at the plate when you play for a team that on paper has no shot of making the playoffs because of a flawed roster. I hope we trade him so I don't have to hear this kind of stuff about my favorite Sox.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

We're finally playing to our roster. Hard to believe we hovered near .500 for so long with this pitching staff and so many automatic outs.

That said ... it's funny we play Central teams so many times that it's a different Sox and Royals team each time. This is a pathetic Sox team that will get swept. Other times we play KC we are a confident team on fire and win the series. My suggestion is the way we're playing on the road, bet the house the rest of the season on us to lose road games as well as taking the under.

Hahn gets his way. He'll be flipping like a burger cooker the next few weeks.

You can’t JUST WIN BABY when you don’t have enough bullets.

Time to sell.

Even when Giolito was getting lit up by the Cubs he was getting a ton of swinging strikes. Those disappeared today against a really bad offense and that is cause for concern. 

Everyone knows I'm Giolito's biggest fan on this board, but he looked like 2018 Giolito today. I wasn't worried about regression until today. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Meanwhile, you are getting excited and defensive about a 3 hit game from a player that serves no purpose on this team.

Jon Jay, Mr. Irrelevant.

Jon Jay is the invisible man. Kudos to him for 4-for-4. Excuse me for not caring.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Even when Giolito was getting lit up by the Cubs he was getting a ton of swinging strikes. Those disappeared today against a really bad offense and that is cause for concern. 

Everyone knows I'm Giolito's biggest fan on this board, but he looked like 2018 Giolito today. 

He did his job.  It wasn’t a great start by Gio, but it was good enough.

Meanwhile, the Sox lineup was swinging broomsticks against Mr. 5+ ERA.  They made him look like Verlander.