Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)

Richie

Just now, TheBlackSox8 said:

So do the Sox keep Moncada in the cleanup spot?  I believe he's good there as a lefty, maybe try him there as a righty see how it works.

I like him there until Eloy and Tim come back. I still think 2 is his home, but without much depth in the lineup I like him behind Jay and Leury at least. 

12 minutes ago, mqr said:

2 of the 3 big contracts they gave out have been abject disasters this far

Both Lester and Heyward were a big part of their WS.  Heyward is actually productive this year and Yu is starting to pitch well now.  if you are always afraid of making a big move, you will end up with the Nova’s and Alonso’s of the MLB world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I'm right here bro. Jose ran into one off a dogshit pitcher. What am I missing?

Is this the only fanbase with even one fan who buries a guy with Jose's statline? Jose for mayor baby!

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Is this the only fanbase with even one fan who buries a guy with Jose's statline? Jose for mayor baby!

yes the losing is penance for being bad fans.  I sweat Greg are you sure you're not Ken Tremendous just pulling one of the ultimate long cons in the history of literature and culture?  Like this is some deep undercover shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Stop playing dumb. You’ve been here long enough, this is ron’s schtick. Stop using his opinion to shape those of Sox fans. 

How bout the guy who started the thread with those poll questions. Question is Would u be mad if the Sox don't try to deal Abreu?? Give me a break. It's disrespectful. I'd be mad if they do try to deal him. He has a night like tonight where's the fan joy? It takes a lot to make some people lay off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yes the losing is penance for being bad fans.  I sweat Greg are you sure you're not Ken Tremendous just pulling one of the ultimate long cons in the history of literature and culture?  Like this is some deep undercover shit.

You don't realize how mad I am when I read what I perceive slights of a guy like Jose whom I FEEL IS PRODUCTIVE. Believe me or not, I get steamed.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

You don't realize how mad I am when I read what I perceive slights of a guy like Jose whom I FEEL IS PRODUCTIVE. Believe me or not, I get steamed.

I am shocked you are posting here.  I figured you were signing up for Raystalk to worship Avi.   If Abreu finds another team maybe you can worship him there as well.   

• Like 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I am shocked you are posting here.  I figured you were signing up for Raystalk to worship Avi.   If Abreu finds another team maybe you can worship him there as well.   

I do love Avi, correct. I don't actively root for Rays but if we're not in the playoffs and they are, I'd take a monumental postseason from Avi. It'd be the same with Abreu. I wouldn't root for the Bosox, but if they make the playoffs I'd take Abreu being MVP of the Series any day of the week if we can't be in playoffs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

last time up moncada was fooled by the changeup trying to pull it, then he goes up there and puts a PERFECT oppo field swing on it.  That is just incredible natural gifts.  Jason is right actually.  The scouts over the saber guys were right on Yoan.

I  think that is a little unfair. Most of the saber guys also said he could be a monster, and used things like exit velocity to prove it. They just also added the caveat that he wouldn't reach that status until he cut down his K%, which was correct.

The saber projections have no way of knowing who will be able to make that adjustment, so they go with the average case. The average case of a guy with a high K% in the minors and a high K% in the majors is... a high K%. So the saber projections definitely were conservative, but I think this is a case where the saber people and scouts were actually in perfect agreement.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tony said:

It’s business and a very valid question, one that media asks the Front Office on a daily basis. And you better believe Hahn is making and taking calls on Abreu. Him dealing him is another question. 

If you’re that offended, you don’t have to post here. It’s a VERY simple concept. 

Don’t be so negative. However if you can post negative comments I think others have a right to post positive comments about our team. Abreu needs to stay in a Chisox uniform and that’s that. Plus it doesn’t matter if any opponent is a good team or a bad team. A win is a win and hopefully we get more of them 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Buahahahah. You think the Sox are the only team we've infiltrated? You Fool!!! We have Statnik Squads stationed on every message board for every club in the MLB. We've infiltrated 90% of the minor leagues too! Thanks to the leadership of the WAR council, 5 years from now you won't even be able to visit a college team message board without seeing us convince the fan base that their favorite players suck now! We will continue to invent more and more ridiculous stats until no one even knows what team anyone plays for! and there is nothing, NOTHING, you can do to stop us!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Don’t be so negative. However if you can post negative comments I think others have a right to post positive comments about our team. Abreu needs to stay in a Chisox uniform and that’s that. Plus it doesn’t matter if any opponent is a good team or a bad team. A win is a win and hopefully we get more of them 

I love El Rockin. No doubt.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Stop playing dumb. You’ve been here long enough, this is ron’s schtick. Stop using his opinion to shape those of Sox fans. 

What would you call this strategy?  Reverse trolling?

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

And no surprise that you fall right into the trap of Greg’s reverse trolling.

Also, is there a reason the Sox can’t trade Abreu to a contender for some talent and simply re-sign him in the offseason?  Why is this an impossible task?  I’m sorry to all of you who obsess over him but let’s be honest, Abreu isn’t the second coming of Mickey Mantle here.  He’s an above average power hitting, albeit aging, 1B with a weak glove.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1