8/5 | Sox @ Tigers | Gio vs Turnbull | 6:10PM CT

Tnetennba

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

I said this a few weeks ago, but I have no idea how his shoulder will hold up all year. Seeing that arm swing in person was jarring.

It would make a lot of sense if he is dealing with some shoulder fatigue or discomfort. He may be unconsciously taking slightly different arm paths through his motion to alleviate the pain, which is throwing off his mechanics. 

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

It would make a lot of sense if he is dealing with some shoulder fatigue or discomfort. He may be unconsciously taking slightly different arm paths through his motion to alleviate the pain, which is throwing off his mechanics. 

If true he should speak up. This year doesn't matter. If he needs an IL stint he should say so. 

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

Although he has zero power, he IS batting over .300.  Better than the .180 hitting stiffs that Renteria had batting 4th for most of the year.

All I was saying was if you have a player like Jon Jay batting cleanup you are most assuredly having a bad year 

19 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I love seeing a pitcher throw to a base with authority

I love to see a pitcher work fast and throw strikes with authority.  I like to see a batter approach an at bat with authority.  I like an outfielder to catch and throw with authority.  In short...AUTHORITY is a good word for a baseball player to think about when doing his job.  Be in charge of the situation.  Be confident!

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I love to see a pitcher work fast and throw strikes with authority.  I like to see a batter approach an at bat with authority.  I like an outfielder to catch and throw with authority.  In short...AUTHORITY is a good word for a baseball player to think about when doing his job.  Be in charge of the situation.  Be confident!

That was a post with alot of confidence and authority.  Nice job Poppy!! 😁