Sox at Twinkies

ScootsMcGoots

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

46 fastballs, 1 swing and miss for Lopez

Another thing baffling about him. Sometimes his fastball swing and miss rate is off the charts in a game and the next start he gets none. That's not just location.. it's almost like his fastball moves differently and has a different look sometimes. Can't figure this guy out.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Is Yoan drunk tonight?  

He might be hungover. Like I said yesterday when the Sox lost to Seattle, the camera showed him incredibly pissed in the dugout. He might've said fuck it and ordered a couple of bottles of Cuban rum. 

Arraez is the Twins latest example of what can happen when you scout well and spend your international bonus pool money. Kepler,Soler , Polanco and Arraez are all big parts of the Twins every day players. Kepler and Sano in 2009, Polanco in 2010 and Arraez in 2013 ; Kepler and Arraez are LH , Polanco is a switch hitter. Sano is right handed. That's a lot of power and LH'edness and some high batting average and plate discipline from Arraez along with the ability to play all over the diamond.

Those 4 have combined for easily above .850 OPS this year

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Arraez is the Twins latest example of what can happen when you scout well and spend your international bonus pool money. Kepler,Soler , Polanco and Arraez are all big parts of the Twins every day players. Kepler and Sano in 2009, Polanco in 2010 and Arraez in 2013 ; Kepler and Arraez are LH , Polanco is a switch hitter. Sano is right handed. That's a lot of power and LH'edness and some high batting average and plate discipline from Arraez along with the ability to play all over the diamond.

Arraez is their Madrigal. I really don’t see this lineup slowing down that much going forward.

Why would Skole possibly be playing over Collins?

Are they crazy?

The idea of investing time/energy/at-bats into either Skole or Palka when you have Palka sitting on the bench is CRA CRA.

Heading for 5-12 against MN with two left to play.  Outscored by, overall...about the average margin of a couple Dolphins game these days.

Edited by caulfield12

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The big question mark is what happens to their pitching staff next year...Gibson, Odorizzi, Pineda, etc.

Rosario was another huge scouting win for them, they were quite patient with all those guys.

Edited by caulfield12

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

Arraez is their Madrigal. I really don’t see this lineup slowing down that much going forward.

Except my main point was who do the Sox have currently in the majors who was drafted with int'l slot money ? Hahn talks about sustained success and one of the ways to achieve that is use that money well. They did one big one with Robert but for as long as that has been around they have very little success. And you will notice all  of the guys I brought up were before the Sox had the penalty for signing Robert.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The big question mark is what happens to their pitching staff next year...Gibson, Odorizzi, Pineda, etc.

Rosario was another huge scouting win for them, they were quite patient with all those guys.

I was thinking the same thing about how patient they were, especially with Soler. Arraez hit at every level then had a rehab with a knee injury but we have to remember how yyoung some of those guys were when they were drafted. I think Arraez was 16.