MLB: Moncada challenges Trout for MVP

Quin

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2020-season-predictions

10. Yoán Moncada will challenge Mike Trout for AL MVP.

With the notable exception of the 2017 season in which Trout was limited to 114 games and finished (gasp!) fourth in AL MVP voting, it’s an annual tradition for Trout to finish first or second. The difficulty is predicting who will fill the other slot. It was Miguel Cabrera in 2012 and ’13, Victor Martinez in ’14, Josh Donaldson in ’15, Mookie Betts in ’16 and ’18 and Alex Bregman in ’19. What all of those guys have in common is that they had incendiary seasons for postseason-bound ballclubs.

If I’ve already predicted the White Sox storming to the top of the AL Central, then it only stands to reason that somebody is going to get some MVP love on their roster. And Moncada, having already made a huge leap in production in his second full season in 2019 (batting .315/.367/.548), is a good bet for continued improvement in his “junior” year at the age of 25.

Also in there: Ricky wins Manager of the Year, Sox win the division, and Eloy breaks out.

• Haha 1

I think the fun thing not included in this is that the Sox will hypothetical have contenders for ROY in Robert and Madrigal (if he were to win a GG and have single, have single digits strikeouts, and a .300+ average I could see voters falling in love with him) and a Cy Young contender in Giolito if he takes a step.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the fun thing not included in this is that the Sox will hypothetical have contenders for ROY in Robert and Madrigal (if he were to win a GG and have single, have single digits strikeouts, and a .300+ average I could see voters falling in love with him) and a Cy Young contender in Giolito if he takes a step.

And the batting champion, rbi champion and HR champion.  

8 hours ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I remember when Harold Reynolds predicted Gordon Beckham for the hall of fame. 

To be fair, Harold Reynolds compares every draft pick to a Hall of Famer.

(Stone and Jeter also proclaimed that Gordon would be a future MVP)