Golf/PGA TOUR thread

I really feel bad for the marquee players who defended the PGA. They look really foolish right now. 

All the money stuff in golf and sports in general  is really starting to wear me down to the point of not following millionaires fighting with each other on who should have more millions. I'm following college golf and USGA events more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Two 62's.  Two aces.  What the hell man?!?  This is the US Open.  Tighten that s%*# up!

That's what I was thinking. Each major has it's own personality and making par matter is The US Open. Low scoring, player friendly is the PGA. The Masters is all about playing the same great course. THE OPEN is all about links and history. The John Deere Quad Cities is about not being a major lol.

Although I think scoring should fit the venue. If you play it at LACC tricking it up for even par would destroy what that course is. 

• 3 months later...

Long 36 holes day yesterday, back for 18 today. Great field. The defending team champions of three of the Texas six high school divisions are here. Lots of under par rounds. My top two are at 153 and 154 which is about 20th place of 100+ girls. Both can play better. My #1 just win a junior tour event last week. 

My assistant couldn't attend so I'm doing double duty. Exhausted.

15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It kills me to say this but Jordan Spieth is freakin useless right now.  This is an ass whoppin. 

Why did Johnson tell him to hit 3 wood, the only guy that can reach that green with 3 wood is Rory and he just did. What a joke Johnson is as captain.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Why did Johnson tell him to hit 3 wood, the only guy that can reach that green with 3 wood is Rory and he just did. What a joke Johnson is as captain.

It was an odd thing to do but I don't think it mattered.  Jordan didn't hit a good drive all day. He would've messed that shot up too. 

Cantlay was super winning the last match on his own as he made 3 birdies on the last 3 holes, what a clutch putt on 18 to win the match.

Still a slight chance to win the Cup tomorrow if we win a bunch of the early matches and put some pressure on the Euros.

Europe wins the 2023 Ryder Cup 16.5-11.5, this tournament was lost by the Americans on Friday and Saturday morning when the Euros built a huge lead that was just too much to make up.  With an hour to go the Americans still had a small chance, they needed to win the last 5 matches and were leading 3 of them but just couldn't pull it off.

• Like 1