Stone targets RR?

southsider2k5

Bart Johnson on Chuck Tanner. Bart signed KW.

Chuck did it because he was so positive. He wouldn’t tolerate negativity. The other thing was that he took the best guys north every year; he didn’t care how old they were. Remember Chuck could intimidate guys, too. He was, I think, 42 or so and he was a big guy. If you did something wrong or got him angry he’d take you into the clubhouse and just kick your ass.

And it wasn’t just the players. I remember one time one of the writers wrote something about us, quoting guys anonymously, and Chuck wanted to know who was quoted. Chuck called us together in the locker room and asked us about it. No one admitted that they said anything, so he got the writer into his office. We’re sitting there and we hear things getting thrown around: bang, boom, crash. The writer came out crying like a little boy. Chuck was trying to find out if one of the players said something, or if the writer was making things up. I think he slapped the crap out of him.

5 hours ago, reiks12 said:

i dont like the drama thats surrounding this team this year. Keuchel and Abreu and now Stone's comments. I wonder if theres more going on in that clubhouse that we dont know about...

Stone obviously has some problems with RR because if he supported him as manager he either wouldn't have responded to that tweet or would have used it to be a houseman and praise RR. The fact he responded to that tweet the way he did shows he has some problems with RR as manager. The Abreu deal? Is this a big deal on Chicago talk radio? It's not on the internet news sites. I would say I could see Abreu being pissed. Is it rare for a new guy to speak out after 15 games or so? Just asking. I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Bart Johnson on Chuck Tanner. Bart signed KW.

Chuck did it because he was so positive. He wouldn’t tolerate negativity. The other thing was that he took the best guys north every year; he didn’t care how old they were. Remember Chuck could intimidate guys, too. He was, I think, 42 or so and he was a big guy. If you did something wrong or got him angry he’d take you into the clubhouse and just kick your ass.

And it wasn’t just the players. I remember one time one of the writers wrote something about us, quoting guys anonymously, and Chuck wanted to know who was quoted. Chuck called us together in the locker room and asked us about it. No one admitted that they said anything, so he got the writer into his office. We’re sitting there and we hear things getting thrown around: bang, boom, crash. The writer came out crying like a little boy. Chuck was trying to find out if one of the players said something, or if the writer was making things up. I think he slapped the crap out of him.

Chuck Tanner. Ozzie Guillen. A pair of over-rated thugs.