NFL Thread 2020-2021

bmags

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly the worst thing about this season was the 5-1 start.  They could have been in the running for the #1 pick, but they even screwed that up.

They just have to lose out. I really like Zach wilson

2 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Amazing how Bear fans won't give credit for the offensive gameplan, which worked well and continue to ignore how shit of a coach Pagano is.

They all suck tho, they were facing an abysmal defense. I get no game is given but they should have won this game

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

They all suck tho, they were facing an abysmal defense. I get no game is given but they should have won this game

Typically Chicago sports fan. "Nagy is my scapegoat and until he's gone, I don't care what anyone else does."

Bears ran the shit out of the ball today. They moved Mitch out of the pocket. They did everything right on offense. Defense is why they lost the game. And yet, everyone continues to ignore the defense.

Just now, nitetrain8601 said:

Typically Chicago sports fan. "Nagy is my scapegoat and until he's gone, I don't care what anyone else does."

Bears ran the shit out of the ball today. They moved Mitch out of the pocket. They did everything right on offense. Defense is why they lost the game. And yet, everyone continues to ignore the defense.

They hadn’t scored 30+ points in a game in over a year dude. Keep carrying the water for Nagy and his offense

7 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Amazing how Bear fans won't give credit for the offensive gameplan, which worked well and continue to ignore how shit of a coach Pagano is.

usa_today_13753432.jpg

Hi I am Coach Pagano. I have inherited  a defense that was one of the best in the league.  Put my spin on something that a child could of managed and turned it into dogshit.  Now people have figured out how to scheme against me and I have no idea what to do.  So we will just keep doing what we have been doing and hope for the best.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Defense lost the game, clear as can be.   Mitch was OK and the OL held together, for the most part.  Better thinking on a White Sox site than the Bears' FO.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

They hadn’t scored 30+ points in a game in over a year dude. Keep carrying the water for Nagy and his offense

The offense and nagy suck.  But both can be true.  The bears offense can suck and the defense can be mediocre as well.   For years we have watched the defense bail out the offense.  Now that they are not an elite defense we are now just going to watch losses just pile up.  

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

The offense and nagy suck.  But both can be true.  The bears offense can suck and the defense can be mediocre as well.   For years we have watched the defense bail out the offense.  Now that they are not an elite defense we are now just going to watch losses just pile up.  

Agreed. Pretty surprising to see someone still trying to kill the defense when the only reason Nagy still has a job is because they have carried him the past 3 years

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Carrying the water? I'm not even a Bears fan. And I do think Nagy has flaws. I do not think he should stay in Chicago. I also am smart enough to realize that Pagano has turned driven a Maserati like a Hyundai and Page does not  know how to build a team. Those are two much bigger issues. I also know when to give credit. Nagy and the offensive staff had a good gameplan. Nagy and the offense do not deserve to get fired like many Bears fans are asking for, for today's loss. That's on Pagano.

3 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

WTF, they faced a bottom 2 defense today. So we're going to ignore the embarrassment we've been calling an offense all season because they scored 30 points against a bad defense, and still lost? And really, they had a good first half and scored 7 points in the second half, against the said bad defense. They'll get credit when they show they're capable move the ball against even a league average this defense.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

WTF, they faced a bottom 2 defense today. So we're going to ignore the embarrassment we've been calling an offense all season because they scored 30 points against a bad defense, and still lost? And really, they had a good first half and scored 7 points in the second half, against the said bad defense. They'll get credit when they show they're capable move the ball against even a league average this defense.

What I'm saying is this: If the Bears scored 45 points and loss, people would still be calling for Nagy's head after today's loss. Today is not on Nagy. Today is on Pagano. Call out what the actual problems are. Pagano, is a problem. 

1 minute ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Carrying the water? I'm not even a Bears fan. And I do think Nagy has flaws. I do not think he should stay in Chicago. I also am smart enough to realize that Pagano has turned driven a Maserati like a Hyundai and Page does not  know how to build a team. Those are two much bigger issues. I also know when to give credit. Nagy and the offensive staff had a good gameplan. Nagy and the offense do not deserve to get fired like many Bears fans are asking for, for today's loss. That's on Pagano.

The defense has bailed out the offense numerous times the past 3 seasons. I’m not gonna kill them because they’ve been shredded the past 2 weeks when the offense is abysmal and has somehow gotten even worse this year. Blame Pagano all you want Bears are a bottom 2 offense and should be able to not fumble away the lead with under 2 minutes left

• Like 1

Just now, nitetrain8601 said:

What I'm saying is this: If the Bears scored 45 points and loss, people would still be calling for Nagy's head after today's loss. Today is not on Nagy. Today is on Pagano. Call out what the actual problems are. Pagano, is a problem. 

I literally said they all suck and you are focusing on Pagano only. Weird

6 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

But Bears did not score 45 today, they scored 23 in the first half and 7 in the second half. The lack of confidence on this offense is why they were playing conservative and trying to not lose the game, and they ended up losing because of it. The playing not to lose plan has been a theme under this Nagy coached team, which has resulted in a lot of ugly wins,

Edited by thxfrthmmrs
  • Like 1

God listening to Mitch after a game is horrible.  Its always about the other team making a play.  Well they made a play because for the umpteenth time you didn't protect the football.  Stop acting like this is just an amazing play by the defense.  This is a mediocre QB on his best day.  Great pick Pace.  Both of you plus Nagy should be unemployed after this season.  Good lord.  

Edited by southsideirish71

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

With the percentage of cap allocated to the defense, losing when the offense scores 30 is completely unacceptable. 

And Trubisky shouldn’t be dropping back to throw from their own 15 with a 3 point lead under 2 minutes.Just a complete failure from the HC and throughout

• Like 1