9/18 White Sox @ Reds at 6:10

bmags

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Man those were the days. Leaving the bar Saturday at 5, getting home at 6, girlfriend waking me up at 8 for fun. 

Since the game is pretty boring might as well get off topic.  In HS and college I was in the best shape of my life and also drinking like a fish.  I would go work out incredibly hard in the morning, do like multiple muscle groups then go take a nap (drank the night before of course) then go make like 200 bucks as my job as a server at a high end restaurant surrounded by hot ass girls, then go drink with them and the other crew until 2-4 AM, then wakeup and do it all over again.  

And when I got home I could raid my parent's fridge for leftover steak or pulled pork or whatever the hell it was my mom made that day.  Man, youth is wasted on the young!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Since the game is pretty boring might as well get off topic.  In HS and college I was in the best shape of my life and also drinking like a fish.  I would go work out incredibly hard in the morning, do like multiple body groups then go take a nap (drank the night before of course) then go make like 200 bucks as my job as a server at a high end restaurant surrounded by hot ass girls, then go drink with them and the other crew until 2-4 AM, then wakeup and do it all over again.  

And when I got home I could raid my parent's fridge for leftover steak or pulled pork or whatever the hell it was my mom made that day.  Man, youth is wasted on the young!

I was a bartender while in grad school and I understand that life. I'll probably only live to 46 but it was worth it. Wouldn't believe how many ladies through themselves at you because you work behind a bar and talk to them. 

Just now, gusguyman said:

How apropos would it be if Nomar's first homerun finally came tonight as like a solo shot in the 8th inning of a 8-0 beat down. 

I'm torn between wanting to see that and wanting him to stay cold so he won't start in the playoffs because I have no confidence he will deliver in those playoffs.

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I was a bartender while in grad school and I understand that life. I'll probably only live to 46 but it was worth it. Wouldn't believe how many ladies through themselves at you because you work behind a bar and talk to them. 

Totally, working the service industry was a great time.  I worked my ass off but made great money and still keep in touch with a few of the people from back then.  The energy when you got off a shift and had that money in your pocket at that age is something I still think about with fond memories.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I'm torn between wanting to see that and wanting him to stay cold so he won't start in the playoffs because I have no confidence he will deliver in those playoffs.

We are a better team if he figures it out, but like you I have little faith it would continue to carry over, although his first HR could be a huge monkey off his back