4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)

TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Ever since most of us questioned his extension he's made us look like damn fools, and its awesome

I was never as upset about it as some others. I didn't think 3 years was necessary but I didn't spit into the wind about it either. Areu if not a HOF player certainly was a great White Sox before he got the contract .

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I was never as upset about it as some others. I didn't think 3 years was necessary but I didn't spit into the wind about it either. Areu if not a HOF player certainly was a great White Sox before he got the contract .

I love this success for him.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Encouraged by Luis Robert's first two at-bats tonight.

Abreu is money.  Keep waiting for him to slow down...will have to wait to figure out the ideal solution to the Vaughn/Jimenez/Abreu positional dilemma.

Abreu is going to pull a Nelson Cruz and be MVPito-esque into his late 30s and maybe even 40. You can take to the bank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah his rh swing looks really stiff and robotic. LH he is attacking the ball, no explosiveness from the right side

You guys both could not be more wrong. Has a 119 ops+ when he was actually good the one year of his career and you both want him to do something professionally that he has never done in his real baseball playing life because of two at bats to start this year. 

Prime in game hilarity.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he puts up another 3 Top Five MVP years...he'll definitely get some votes, in the same way Ichiro was credited for the prime years of his career in Japan.

That said, it's really hard to make it from 1B because there's such a focus on a lifetime of HR and RBI numbers.   

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You guys both could not be more wrong. Has a 119 ops+ when he was actually good the one year of his career and you both want him to do something professionally that he has never done in his real baseball playing life because of two at bats to start this year. 

Prime in game hilarity.

I don’t want him to give up on switch-hitting. Just an observation on how different his swing is right handed.