4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Vaughn should not be on this roster if he’s not playing all but once a week. 

We are burning a year of control of Vaughn for what, maybe eight starts potentially?  Glad KW felt compelled to use this as opportunity to puff up the org’s ego and pretend that the Sox don’t manipulate service time.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We are burning a year of control of Vaughn for what, maybe eight starts potentially?  Glad KW felt compelled to use this as opportunity to puff up the org’s ego and pretend that the Sox don’t manipulate service time.

Love how when things go bad it's Kenny's fault 

10 minutes ago, Baron said:

When things go bad?  I’m referring to a USA Today story that was published BEFORE the season that includes actual quotes from the KENNY WILLIAMS.  But thanks for the uninformed accusation!

“We’d like to have that message coming from the manager,’’ White Sox vice president Ken Williams says, “and not me through USA TODAY.’’

“We understand the service-time issue that plays here,’’ Williams said, “but our feeling is that when you’re ready to help the major-league club, there’s a spot for you. We’re trying to put the best team out there. We have proven that over and over again.

“I think there is a residual effect if you play those type of service-time games. As a former player, maybe I’m a little more sensitive to it than others. If you do that, the player and the agent don’t forget any time soon. Should you want to negotiate a contract down the line, or the guy becomes a free agent, I think that works against you.’’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4801933001

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

When things go bad?  I’m referring to a USA Today story that was published BEFORE the season that includes actual quotes from the KENNY WILLIAMS.  But thanks for the uninformed accusation!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4801933001

Cry me a river. He sits for 1 game and your already accusing him of making this decision to pump up the organizations ego. It was the right move to sit him. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

QFT

Rick Hahn is entering his 9th season as GM. He gets credit for any nugget, avoids even a hint of blame from the media and most here.

35, 72, 62, 67, 78, 76, 73, 63. Eight seasons of win totals. Hahn's Loss totals? 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, any number above those are Ricky's, Kenny's, Ventura's, Cooper's and Jerry's fault.

No Hahn ever, is to blame.

Just now, Baron said:

Cry me a river. He sits for 1 game and your already accusing him of making this decision to pump up the organizations ego. It was the right move to sit him. 

I accused him of this before the season given the the complete hypocrisy of it unless you don’t recall Robert & Jimenez being held hostage into signing extensions.  It’s simply dumber now when he’s going to have sat two of our first four games.  We only needed him down for about two weeks to gain an extra year of control.  But hey man, keep up the good fight, wouldn’t want the front office to be held accountable for any of their BS.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

QFT

Rick Hahn is entering his 9th season as GM. He gets credit for any nugget, avoids even a hint of blame from the media and most here.

35, 72, 62, 67, 78, 76, 73, 63. Eight seasons of win totals. Hahn's Loss totals? 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, any number above those are Ricky's, Kenny's, Ventura's, Cooper's and Jerry's fault.

No Hahn ever, is to blame.

Where is Hahn’s name in that story?  Maybe actually read the actual article instead of going on your typical Rick Hahn witch-hunt.

50 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Vaughn should not be on this roster if he’s not playing all but once a week. 

Well the next month there is no Milb anyway so it makes no difference for his playing time. So why send him down when there is no minor league until may? 

I also don't think he will only play once a week, I think he will play around 4-5 times a week and if he starts hitting probably more. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I accused him of this before the season given the the complete hypocrisy of it unless you don’t recall Robert & Jimenez being held hostage into signing extensions.  It’s simply dumber now when he’s going to have sat two of our first four games.  We only needed him down for about two weeks to gain an extra year of control.  But hey man, keep up the good fight, wouldn’t want the front office to be held accountable for any of their BS.

Holy shit. They can't flat out say they've been playing service time manipulation. He needed to sit he looked absolutely horrible last night. Oh yeah because I've never accused the front office of being shit. Not me. You just continue blaming Kenny Williams as if Rick Hahn is lying in a corner being whipped into submission to do these things. Also you think Kenny called down to sit him today? Or do you think TLR did it? 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, fathom said:

He will play next two games. I don’t blame Tony for sitting him tonight.

The next two games? He should be playing 8-9/10 games. He’s sat 2/4 so far. It’s early but Billy Hamilton should never start over anyone.

*fixed typo

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Holy shit. They can't flat out say they've been playing service time manipulation. He needed to sit he looked absolutely horrible last night. Oh yeah because I've never accused the front office of being shit. Not me. You just continue blaming Kenny Williams as if Rick Hahn is lying in a corner being whipped into submission to do these things. Also you think Kenny called down to sit him today? Or do you think TLR did it? 

Why do you think that story exists?  Because KW wanted it out there and used his go-to guy Bob Nightengale to release the story.  This isn’t very difficult to understand.  Given the three headed monster currently leading this organization, it’s really hard to say with certainty that Rick Hahn was or was not aligned with the situation.  But either way, calling out KW was because he was the mouthpiece here.  If you what to blame the entire front office I don’t really care.  Releasing this story was completely ridiculous regardless of who to blame.  And if Vaughn wasn’t going to be ready to contribute, then sending him down to Schaumburg for two weeks probably made the most sense since it wasn’t likely going to cost us a playoff spot.  I don’t particularly agree with that sentiment, but going half in is really dumb IMO.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do you think that story exists?  Because KW wanted it out there and used his go-to guy Bob Nightengale to release the story.  This isn’t very difficult to understand.  Given the three headed monster currently leading this organization, it’s really hard to say with certainty that Rick Hahn was or was not aligned with the situation.  But either way, calling out KW was because he was the mouthpiece here.  If you what to blame the entire front office I don’t really care.  Releasing this story was completely ridiculous regardless of who to blame.  And if Vaughn wasn’t going to be ready to contribute, then sending him down to Schaumburg for two weeks probably made the most sense since it wasn’t likely going to cost us a playoff spot.  I don’t particularly agree with that sentiment, but going half in is really dumb IMO.

Rick Hahn may or may not be held hostage these past few years . Someone go warn him and set him free.  

tenor.gif?itemid=4860683

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

lol...continue to deflect by arguing against something that has never been said.

You questioning the front office being aligned or not is amusing

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which isn’t the point I was trying to make, but it’s a good strawman.  You win the internet today!

No you just slipped it in and expected it to fly by. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Hamilton was always starting this game.  TLR said he was going to try and get everyone a start in the first series.   Relax everyone.  

Which is a smart thing to do.  Mercedes is going to take AB's away from Vaughn and even some from Collins while he is tearing the cover off. 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

No you just slipped it in and expected it to fly by. 

Because it’s a fair question since La Russa entered the organization.  We know he is not the guy KW & Hahn initially wanted.  Do you actually think KW, Hahn, & Tony have been fully aligned on everything since then?  I’m not event sure what you think your little “gotcha” moment is actually about here.