And that’s a white Sox winner!!!

Chisoxfn

32 minutes ago, Baron said:

Rodon throwing at 98 was surprising to me. He looked very good for the 3 innings I watched. 

Frankly I thought after his shoulder surgery he would never hit 97-98 again but somehow he did last night and sat around 93-94.  Much better than the velocity last year.  He is a new man if he can occasionally dial it up and as a 5th starter would be a helluva asset.

17 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's amazing what happens when a talented player finally dedicates himself to putting the work in during the off season.  

And in life, it's amazing what some people can do when they start seeing the end coming up on them.  Kudos to Carlos, better late than never.

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

Not to overreact too much on last night's start, but I'm wondering was the Rodon signing just a 1 year contract or did it include an option year?

just a 1 year deal. He is GONE next year, unless sox decide to sign him over Lynn. And Scott Boras will claim he is a 20 mil a year guy for his one big payday chance ...so bye. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Frankly I thought after his shoulder surgery he would never hit 97-98 again but somehow he did last night and sat around 93-94. 

Luckily the shoulder was just a clean up from what I remember. 

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Really?

No, because literally everyone has the ability to hide anyone's signature. Click the X in the top right corner of the signature. You can hide an individual's signature or all signature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's amazing what happens when a talented player finally dedicates himself to putting the work in during the off season.  

The thing that struck me last night, outside of the obvious, was how often he would step off the rubber and really think about his next pitch.  A few times he was literally stroking his beard with his glove while he was thinking lol.  I saw that and realized he's going to be an entirely different animal this season as he becomes much more a pitcher than a thrower.  IMO, this also speaks to how much Coop let him down as a pitching coach.  I understand he was hurt but his entire strategy and demeanor have changed (based on just one start, of course). 

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

just a 1 year deal. He is GONE next year, unless sox decide to sign him over Lynn. And Scott Boras will claim he is a 20 mil a year guy for his one big payday chance ...so bye. 

Forgot he was a Boras client....thanks for the info.  Guess it looks like we will just have to slide Kopech and Crochet into the rotation.

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

@South Side Hit Men can you shorten your signature please?

I took off Reinsdorf quote off, because you asked politely, and since La Russa isn't going anywhere unless one or both of them die.

Hope this helps you, though it was always within website guidelines (both before and after the change).

Hustler's Handbook is the name of my SoxTalk Fantasy Baseball team, and Comiskey Park is Comiskey Park.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I took off Reinsdorf quote off, because you asked politely, and since La Russa isn't going anywhere unless one or both of them die.

Hope this helps you, though it was always within website guidelines (both before and after the change).

Hustler's Handbook is the name of my SoxTalk Fantasy Baseball team, and Comiskey Park is Comiskey Park.

appreciate that but I turned off all sigs so it's all good.  Didn't know you could do that.