2022 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

On 2/26/2022 at 9:44 AM, DirtySox said:

Florida State has an interesting LHP tandem in Messick and Hubbart. Both seem to be command/control guys without eye popping velocity, but they are performing well. Messick seems to have a unique build and not the smoothest delivery though. Ranked 56th and 57th accordingly on BA's initial draft prospect list.

Messick getting blasted right now.

I actually am pretty on board with Gilbert TBH.

I also really like Jett Williams for no discernable reason other than he looks like a roided out scummy high schooler in one of Kiley's videos? Maybe not the best criteria for selecting your 1st rounder though.

Guys I like in no particular order:

Cooper Hjerpe. 

Drew Gilbert, I’m on the bandwagon. I’ve been watching a lot of his games and highlights. He’s such an exciting player. I wonder if the improved pitch recognition is for real.

Justin Crawford - my dream pick but it’s not happening.

Gabriel Hughes.

Connor Prelipp

Edited by Joshua Strong

8 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Cooper Hjerpe. 

Drew Gilbert, I’m on the bandwagon. I’ve been watching a lot of his games and highlights. He’s such an exciting player. I wonder if the improved pitch recognition is for real.

Gabriel Hughes.

Connor Prelipp

I like the three pitchers as potential picks and no doubt on Crawford. I’ve only seen highlights on Gilbert, what would you compare him to? 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/34013502/2022-mlb-mock-draft-10-kiley-mcdaniel-projects-first-round

26. Chicago White Sox

Drew Gilbert, CF, Tennessee

The White Sox tend to take college bats with their top pick, then get bolder with later selections, and that's exactly what the board is giving them here. Gilbert is one of the safest picks in the draft and might be the first non-reliever to make the big leagues from this class. He's in play in the late teens as well.

New Mayo mock.

26. White Sox: Gabriel Hughes, RHP, Gonzaga (No. 20)
Hughes is more than 30 innings past his career high at this point and while he’s still missing bats, there might be a little fatigue leading to less-dominant stuff and results (6 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 7 K in his West Coast Conference Tournament start last Friday), but his power repertoire still could go higher than this.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-2022-druw-jones-lands-first-overall?t=mlb-draft-coverage

On 5/29/2022 at 2:30 AM, Joshua Strong said:

Cooper Hjerpe. 

Gabriel Hughes.

Connor Prelipp

Zach Neto is another guy that I like and I wonder if he can play second. 

24 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Zach Neto is another guy that I like and I wonder if he can play second. 

And Drew Gilbert seems like a player who’d fit in those grinder rules commercials 

Edited by Joshua Strong