Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

They need two relievers. Don’t let one game by Heuer overshadow how bad he’s looked this year.  The eye test shows his stuff is way worse this season.

His command has taken a step back but the eye test also gets very fooled pretty easily by a .370 BABIP in 37 innings. No pitcher ever sustains the peripherals we've seen from him with a BABIP that high. He also still suppresses hard contact at an above average rate, gets whiffs, outside the zone swings, etc.

With that said, sure, I'm on board with acquiring 2 relievers. But I still believe Heuer will prove himself to be dependable again.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

His command has taken a step back but the eye test also gets very fooled pretty easily by a .370 BABIP in 37 innings. No pitcher ever sustains the peripherals we've seen from him with a BABIP that high. He also still suppresses hard contact at an above average rate, gets whiffs, outside the zone swings, etc.

With that said, sure, I'm on board with acquiring 2 relievers. But I still believe Heuer will prove himself to be dependable again.

High sinkers and hanging sliders way too often this year.  I was a big fan of his stuff last year but it’s not been as impressive this season.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

High sinkers and hanging sliders way too often this year.  I was a big fan of his stuff last year but it’s not been as impressive this season.

Exit velocity against and hart hit rates are unchanged from last season. I agree the command has taken a step back, but we both watch every game, a lot of it I just think is small sample BABIP stuff but that's not an explanation most people want to hear

Edited by maxjusttyped