2021-22 NBA Thread

1 hour ago, bmags said:

The thing is, this stuff doesn’t come from bulls or pels. It comes from agents wanting to brag about the number. We heard he signed before the trade package

Ok, yeah, if it was Gar it was colossally stupid.

I can 100% the Reinsdorfs whipping up a storm the next CBA about how players (i.e. LeBron) are allowed to tamper, the Clippers were allowed to do whatever the hell they were doing with both Kawhi and George, and the Nets have been allowed to do so many off the books perks for players (buying houses for girlfriends, for examples) it'd make the Knicks offer to Jordan blush. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009632-tmz-jaxson-hayes-tased-by-police-in-arrest-video-lapd-investigating-excessive-force

So, Jaxson Hayes, Pelicans center - Elvin's son. Got arrested and tased by police during a domestic call.

Now, the cops are saying that he used the N-word on them, and they want the NBA to discipline him.

This could be a big deal with the players union vs. cops vs. NBA if this continues.

I mean, Jaxson is "mixed", and the black culture sometimes uses a version of the N-word in conversation. 

I don't see how someone being tased shouldn't be very upset/say awful things when it happens.

I wouldn't use that word, but I'd sure as hell say some things while being tased.

27 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Williams apparently with a great first quarter. I think he is going to benefit and shine in next year or two being surrounded by the new players. 

If they hit on Williams.....Bulls got a shot. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Looks like pats second half was awful. Better build that endurance now.

Yeah - great first half - horrendous second half. Good learning experience - let’s see how he bounces back next game but he just hasn’t had to be as ball dominant in so long so good for him to be put in those spots and feel out his game and work on his endurance etc. 

Marko, while still not "Big" is less of a bean pole than I thought. Gonna be real interested to see if he's looked at as a guy who gets solid minutes off the bench right away or if he gets worked in. If Lauri goes they def need another big, but if he stays, do they really need another? 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Marko, while still not "Big" is less of a bean pole than I thought. Gonna be real interested to see if he's looked at as a guy who gets solid minutes off the bench right away or if he gets worked in. If Lauri goes they def need another big, but if he stays, do they really need another? 

It really sounds like Lauri staying is a slim to none chance and slim just left town 

With that, there's a belief among many league personnel that Markkanen will ultimately be forced into accepting a one-year qualifying offer that would pay him roughly $9 million and allow him to reach unrestricted free agency next summer, just like LaVine. Yet, there's also a strong sense Markkanen has no intent to return to Chicago on that structure. 

Markkanen has always reported to offseason team workouts and fit seamlessly within the Bulls' locker room, but has recently taken to Finnish media and voiced his desire to play for a different team. It now appears Markkanen will be in no rush to return from Finland to Chicago while his interested suitors continue exploring trade scenarios with third teams. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2947075-inside-chicago-bulls-85-million-demar-derozan-deal-and-markkanen-freeze-out?share=other

The only free agent that played this worse was Schroeder.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Shows off a lot of versatility in this video. Love to see it.

Also, he looks huge.

I hate to say it but he looked huge…but not in a good way. He looked slow but maybe that was just me watching the highlights. His 3 point stroke looked nice but saw very few moves of him beating his defender. 

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I hate to say it but he looked huge…but not in a good way. He looked slow but maybe that was just me watching the highlights. His 3 point stroke looked nice but saw very few moves of him beating his defender. 

He seems trimmer to me, but I could be imagining it.  His 3 looks a little more fluid but as he's already had one attempt blocked I still think he'll have trouble getting it off under even the slightest pressure.  What still jumps out at me is his complete inability to put the ball on the floor and drive by anyone, especially in a summer league game.  Be it lack of handle, confidence, or lack of foot speed, its a big red flag to me.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

He seems trimmer to me, but I could be imagining it.  His 3 looks a little more fluid but as he's already had one attempt blocked I still think he'll have trouble getting it off under even the slightest pressure.  What still jumps out at me is his complete inability to put the ball on the floor and drive by anyone, especially in a summer league game.  Be it lack of handle, confidence, or lack of foot speed, its a big red flag to me.

His 3 looks real good - his handle/speed on penetration looked really loose/weak.  Could have just been the highlight clip. That said - he looked pretty fluid when he got action off of screens/cuts so maybe more mental.  I did read somewhere that he apparently grew, maybe as much as 2 inches since he was drafted.  I just get worried - I remember Lauri looked quick and than next thing you knew whatever his off-season routine was he supposedly got ripped...but whatever he did got in the way of speed and now he's looked slow as crap for a while (and I think that is what really put the limiter vs. his initial upside as a rookie).  

In Williams case - not jumping to those conclusions as his midrange and 3 ball both looked tight and he is clearly extremely long.  

On 8/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, knightni said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009632-tmz-jaxson-hayes-tased-by-police-in-arrest-video-lapd-investigating-excessive-force

So, Jaxson Hayes, Pelicans center - Elvin's son. Got arrested and tased by police during a domestic call.

Now, the cops are saying that he used the N-word on them, and they want the NBA to discipline him.

This could be a big deal with the players union vs. cops vs. NBA if this continues.

I mean, Jaxson is "mixed", and the black culture sometimes uses a version of the N-word in conversation. 

I don't see how someone being tased shouldn't be very upset/say awful things when it happens.

I wouldn't use that word, but I'd sure as hell say some things while being tased.

I doubt they care much about the "n word" being used as they do them supposedly being pushed and injuring the officer.  If he did, he definitely should be disciplined and forced to stand during the anthem (LOL)