2021-22 NBA Thread

This is a really good deal for both teams, in my opinion.  I like Simmons athleticism paired with Durant and Kyrie (if he is playing). I also think Nets benefit from having a younger, much more explosive player. And Sixers got a lot better too - that combo should be pretty good. 

Yeah, that Harden deal is really bad for the Bulls. Philly gets better (assuming they weren't gonna have Simmons at all this season) and the Nets get much better defensively to compliment their 2 already great scorers. Also Curry is a great get for them in this deal. Win-win for both teams IMO, but bad for the rest of the East. 

Edited by chw42

Just now, chw42 said:

Yeah, that Harden deal is really bad for the Bulls. Philly gets better (assuming they weren't gonna have Simmons at all this season) and the Nets get much better defensively to compliment their 2 already great scorers. Win-win for both teams IMO, but bad for the rest of the East. 

They’re just in better position to compete with the Bulls :)

Bulls season has been entertaining but it seems far-fetched they can advance far in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yeah, that Harden deal is really bad for the Bulls. Philly gets better (assuming they weren't gonna have Simmons at all this season) and the Nets get much better defensively to compliment their 2 already great scorers. Win-win for both teams IMO, but bad for the rest of the East. 

Yeah - it is rare that I like deals like this from both teams perspectives, but I do. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is a really good deal for both teams, in my opinion.  I like Simmons athleticism paired with Durant and Kyrie (if he is playing). I also think Nets benefit from having a younger, much more explosive player. And Sixers got a lot better too - that combo should be pretty good. 

It's a good deal for the Nets on paper.

But the Nets now have the three biggest prima donnas in the sport. KD is a transcendent talent and that can overcome his social media woes and injury concerns, but Kyrie is insane and destroys teams, and Simmons mentally and physically can't shoot and folds under any scrutiny.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They’re just in better position to compete with the Bulls :)

Bulls season has been entertaining but it seems far-fetched they can advance far in the playoffs.

Honestly this feels like the Sox banking on Robert and Eloy coming back as their big trade deadline acquisitions. Of course, the Sox went out and actually got a big name like Kimbrel and it didn't work out. Sometimes no deal is better than a bad deal, but in this case, the Bulls really just need a Ryan Tepera-esque trade and I don't think we'll even get that. 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

That being said, I don't see any way the Bulls beat the 76ers without pristine health and an upgrade now.

well, Seth Curry was pretty damn good, and Embiid could get hurt. If we rely on pristine health so do all of em.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Honestly this feels like the Sox banking on Robert and Eloy coming back as their big trade deadline acquisitions. Of course, the Sox went out and actually got a big name like Kimbrel and it didn't work out. Sometimes no deal is better than a bad deal, but in this case, the Bulls really just need a Ryan Tepera-esque trade and I don't think we'll even get that. 

I don't think they are "banking" on that, their position to deal became much worse with the injuries they are dealing with.

I know Harden is great....but there is something about him to me that makes me think he is a tad overrated. Of course Simmons wasn't playing, but i'm not sure they are a ton better than they were. I really like the trade for Brooklyn. Harden was going to leave and/or start causing problems. Simmons is a nice match since he doesn't have to score, and Curry has been really good. Plus some first rounders.

I get if you ae a Sixers fan being excited about it, but they only play with one ball.

Edited by Dick Allen