2021-22 NBA Thread

I like starting Caruso at PG. Additionally - defense looked like the old defense in the end of 3rd / into 4th when they put on the massive run.  Including strong moves from bench and very unselfish ball movement on offense (where it wasn't just a Derozan iso show).  

• Like 1

Patrick Williams looked very good today. Not jumping to conclusions and there was rust - but he looked quicker than I remember. He will struggle as he adjusts but my last impression of him at the start of the season was that he looked slow and overweight. I liked that he seemed to be a bit lighter and quicker today. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Patrick Williams looked very good today. Not jumping to conclusions and there was rust - but he looked quicker than I remember. He will struggle as he adjusts but my last impression of him at the start of the season was that he looked slow and overweight. I liked that he seemed to be a bit lighter and quicker today. 

The defensive activity was very welcome.  He looked about the same on offense to me.  If he hits the corner 3 and is active on the glass he is a nice boost. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Huge win today. They really needed this. 2.5 games up on the play-in now and they win the tie-breaker against Toronto. There's only 11 games left for us and 10 games left for Toronto. Bulls are 4.5 up on the Nets in case they get hot. I think if they go around .500 the rest of the way, they should be able to avoid the play-in. 

• Like 1

On downside - pretty sure Ball is out the rest of the season. Tough since it seemed like it wasn’t a bad injury and yet he is missing a ton. Makes you question his overall durability (no knock on him the person - but this is at least twice in his career where a relatively minor injury took a ton of time for him to get back). 

Hopefully I am wrong and we get good news in ten days when he restarts that rehab. 

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

The defensive activity was very welcome.  He looked about the same on offense to me.  If he hits the corner 3 and is active on the glass he is a nice boost. 

Room to grow on offense and time to do it.  But that doesn't help our guys this year.  He does look lean and fit.

Bulls got it to within 10 and now Bucks running away again.

Bulls are their own worst enemy this game, but my god it's like watching the Heatles-era reffing right now. Except the Bucks are mad that they're even getting called for knocking Caruso to the ground.