2021-22 NBA Thread

I wonder just how much Zion would cost in a trade. I actually think he'd be a pretty good fit. He's kinda the ultimate wild card right now. If he gets himself motivated and healthy, he turns this team into a SERIOUS contender. 

You think Coby, Williams, and the Portland pick gets him? Would you do that for a shot at adding a guy with MVP potential or is the risk too high? 

9 hours ago, scs787 said:

I wonder just how much Zion would cost in a trade. I actually think he'd be a pretty good fit. He's kinda the ultimate wild card right now. If he gets himself motivated and healthy, he turns this team into a SERIOUS contender. 

You think Coby, Williams, and the Portland pick gets him? Would you do that for a shot at adding a guy with MVP potential or is the risk too high? 

I don't think the Bulls have the assets, and the cost vs injury risk is just too great for me.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Bulls record vs contenders is pathetic. Something like 3-15. They aren't contenders IMO.

They have beat Utah and Nets pretty good (with full squads), have obviously not been as good against others and had some blowout losses. Technically the random stat being thrown out (3-15) is excluding teams like Utah (so it is biased).  I would also note their record against winning teams when they had a full roster - was pretty good.  So while I recognize it is an issue, I would be more concerned if their record sucked when they had their full roster (or at least their main guys including 2 of their critical d guys - Caruso/Ball).  

The big issue with Bulls is going to be how do they integrate the injured guys back in effectively and will they have enough time to get there (and lets hope that no one new gets hurt and there are no setbacks with the guys coming back).  

With the Lakers getting booed - if the Lakers keep their youth together and add LeBron to it, do they still win a championship/become perennial contenders? For context, here's all the youth that got traded/let go in FA. Not including Russell since he was traded for Kuzma/Brook Lopez and would have blocked Lonzo.

- Lonzo 
- Kuzma 
- Hart
- Randle (left when LeBron signed, I'm sure they could have made it work).
- Ingram
- Caruso
- Zubac
- KCP

I know they weren't great LeBron's first year, but if they ran it back one more year - would it have been enough to keep LeBron from going full LeGM mode?

2 hours ago, Quin said:

With the Lakers getting booed - if the Lakers keep their youth together and add LeBron to it, do they still win a championship/become perennial contenders? For context, here's all the youth that got traded/let go in FA. Not including Russell since he was traded for Kuzma/Brook Lopez and would have blocked Lonzo.

- Lonzo 
- Kuzma 
- Hart
- Ingram
- Caruso
- Zubac
- KCP

I know they weren't great LeBron's first year, but if they ran it back one more year - would it have been enough to keep LeBron from going full LeGM mode?

Lonzo really developed away from LA.  Ingram is good but not really transcendent.  Randle really came into his own in NY, and who knows if he would playing behind Lebron.  Kuzma I feel was better in LA, but who knows if that continues if he stayed.  Its tough to say.  They are probably better than the mess they are now, but I don't think that squads wins a ring in the bubble, so its a trade off.

3 hours ago, Quin said:

- Lonzo 
- Kuzma 
- Hart
- Ingram
- Caruso
- Zubac
- KCP

I'd say no. Honestly getting an NBA championship was impressive. At the very least its gratifying that their trash front office was in fact trash and just was extraordinarily lucky.

But absolutely hilarious how Westbrook went from untradeable to traded to the wizards in a bad contract for bad contract to then traded for by the lakers for actual good talent and they thought that would take them to the championship lol. It will never not be funny.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd say no. Honestly getting an NBA championship was impressive. At the very least its gratifying that their trash front office was in fact trash and just was extraordinarily lucky.

But absolutely hilarious how Westbrook went from untradeable to traded to the wizards in a bad contract for bad contract to then traded for by the lakers for actual good talent and they thought that would take them to the championship lol. It will never not be funny.

If they hadn't gotten the bubble championship, it would be even better.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

LeBron is going to jump ship and go back to Cleveland with those nice young players they got over there. Same thing he did when Love and a young up and coming Kyrie were there a few years ago.

LeBron is still really good but he's 37 and you have to wonder how much longer he wants to play.