Sox vs Guardians 9/25 game thread 6:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The legacy of a team getting called the Indians because they had a Native American player and the league tainted them because of it? Whose family and Tribe didn’t want the name kept? Hell, keeping that name under that circumstance throws away their legacy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/some-native-americans-applaud-cleveland-indians-name-change-say-it-n1251183

Cleveland Caucasians would have used restorative justice to honor their legacy. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Shoulda thrown Ramirez cutters and Gimenez sinkers. Maybe then there wouldn't be any home runs hit off Lynn so far. 

Lynn has gotten away with a ton of challenge sinkers/4seamers that are middle-middle this year. I would have preferred a cutter too, but Lynn really rides his luck throwing so many pitches middle-middle vs good hitters.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I would start Rodon game 1 as he's proven himself in Houston this year. If his arm falls off you go to Lopez and Kopech. I would go Rodon and Gio and then Lynn and Cease. 

That sounds good in theory, but I don't see how you can expect more than 3 innings from Rodon right now. You really want to do what will likely be a bullpen game in Game 1?

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Lynn has gotten away with a ton of challenge sinkers/4seamers that are middle-middle this year. I would have preferred a cutter too, but Lynn really rides his luck throwing so many pitches middle-middle vs good hitters.

Yeah I've never seen a pitcher throw so many fastballs right down the pipe and get weak contact like Lynn. At some point it's not all luck. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

That sounds good in theory, but I don't see how you can expect more than 3 innings from Rodon right now. You really want to do what will likely be a bullpen game in Game 1?

Won't matter if the offense doesn't show up. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Yeah I've never seen a pitcher throw so many fastballs right down the pipe and get weak contact like Lynn. At some point it's not all luck. 

I don't think him getting good results is luck by any means, but I don't think he'll come close to a 2.50 ERA over his next 150 innings either

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think him getting good results is luck by any means, but I don't think he'll come close to a 2.50 ERA over his next 150 innings either

Yeah Lynn's always been a mid 3 ERA guy even when he was a 7 WAR pitcher with the Rangers in 2019. That's what I think he probably will be going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Pitchers with an ERA over 5 that have 1 good offspeed pitch are this offense's kryptonite

It really is baffling. Granted Morgan has had some good outings against good lineups. He also gives up 2 HRs per 9.