9/27 Sox @ Tigers 12:10PM CT

Tnetennba

32 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Nice to see Abreu fired up. Getting hit 21 times is brutal. That said, that was a dumb slide and a lapse in judgement to take out your frustration on the next guy in your way. It's not like Detroit has been throwing at him all year. Play with a chip on your shoulder (and some damn padding on your elbow) and retaliate by sweeping them over the weekend.

Agree. It's not time to do stupid things when you are guaranteed post season baseball.  Stupid on Jose's part and so out of character.

The team almost wasted another rare Dallas start. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

PBP guy asked Morris what to do with Ohtani and Morris said "be vely vely careful" in an Asian accent. 

People tried to say he was impersonating Elmer Fudd, but Fudd doesn't say "vely", he says "vewy". So he was either being racist or it was a terrible and wrong Elmer Fudd impression. Either way, Jack Morris is a terrible color guy and the Tigers broadcasting booth is trash. 

We literally do not execute older folk who say dumb things. We send them to remediation. 

Well, at least I guess I loved the team's reaction to all of it in about all facets (I didn't watch live), but from his teammates being out there for him in a split second, to Sheets making sure to hold him back, to Liam's reaction - yeah, he is the cornerstone of that clubhouse, and if he's that pissed, they are pissed for him. He's the leader and they've got his back.

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

Nice to see Abreu fired up. Getting hit 21 times is brutal. That said, that was a dumb slide and a lapse in judgement to take out your frustration on the next guy in your way. It's not like Detroit has been throwing at him all year. Play with a chip on your shoulder (and some damn padding on your elbow) and retaliate by sweeping them over the weekend.

He was also pissed that he made three outs in one inning,and hit into two more double plays.