2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Time to pass the town bike off to the next play owner who wants to steal some MLB money 

While I couldn't point to any one thing Jeter was doing, he did come packaged with some excellent Yankees front office talent. They were in a rough situation moneywise/farm, and I think arrow is pointing up. I don't think he was much more than a face, but overall I think that he let people do their jobs was impressive. I don't think this is the last job Jeter gets in a baseball org.

Our favorite fake insider is back and has been reading this thread for ideas:

That being said, it does seem like there could be quite a few trades basically ready to go once a CBA is agreed to and we pair up pretty damn well with Oakland.  I think it’s a semi decent chance we acquire one of the A’s starting pitching regardless of what NSC is guessing.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That being said, it does seem like there could be quite a few trades basically ready to go once a CBA is agreed to and we pair up pretty damn well with Oakland.  I think it’s a semi decent chance we acquire one of the A’s starting pitching regardless of what NSC is guessing.

It’s gonna be 🍌🍌🍌🍌.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Funny how he magically has “info” the second any news emerges🙄

• Haha 1

If the CBT does in fact go up as much as reported, I'll agree that it opens up more possibilities for this team. (including Conforto) But, it also opens up possibilities for other teams as well.

I still think I'd rather secure the best SP possible before addressing other needs. I still don't want RH/KW trading anything for a SP, for a variety of reasons. I think that them trading with Oakland would end about as well as my old ass trying to keep Gronk from going across the middle.

in any case, the labor talks have made the hot stove definitely more interesting.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Sign Conforto.  Trade Kimbrel + Burger + someone for McNeil.  I forgot how badly I wanted McNeil lol

I would love McNeil. Think his price tag would be significant tho, don't even think Kimbrel +Burger + Sheets gets them to take the call. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I would love McNeil. Think his price tag would be significant tho, don't even think Kimbrel +Burger + Sheets gets them to take the call. 

They already sort of a have a roster crunch. I don't know if that would work.

I've read other random proposals that the Brewers with strong pitching depth (Adrian Houser vs McNeil) would be a good match with the Mets for McNeil since they have a ton of question marks in their offense and Mets apparently want another mid-rotation type arm.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

They already sort of a have a roster crunch. I don't know if that would work.

I've read other random proposals that the Brewers with strong pitching depth (Adrian Houser) would be a good match with the Mets for McNeil since they have a ton of question marks in their offense and Mets apparently want another mid-rotation type arm.

Can I interest you in a Cy Young Award winner?  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

If the CBT does in fact go up as much as reported, I'll agree that it opens up more possibilities for this team. (including Conforto) But, it also opens up possibilities for other teams as well.

I still think I'd rather secure the best SP possible before addressing other needs. I still don't want RH/KW trading anything for a SP, for a variety of reasons. I think that them trading with Oakland would end about as well as my old ass trying to keep Gronk from going across the middle.

in any case, the labor talks have made the hot stove definitely more interesting.

Which free agent SP would you pursue?  Unfortunately the market is pretty thin at the moment.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Which free agent SP would you pursue?  Unfortunately the market is pretty thin at the moment.

I love Kershaw (veteran with playoff experience, albeit not great).  Like Rodon on a prove it deal (I'd take some risk). Greinke would be a fine get to me, Pineda I've always felt underrated, Zach Davies I'd be fine with to help get innings.  There's others I'd take as reclamations/inning eaters when Kopech needs a break.

• Like 1

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I love Kershaw (veteran with playoff experience, albeit not great).  Like Rodon on a prove it deal (I'd take some risk). Greinke would be a fine get to me, Pineda I've always felt underrated, Zach Davies I'd be fine with to help get innings.  There's others I'd take as reclamations/inning eaters when Kopech needs a break.

I'd like Pineda.  Dude is entertaining to watch.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have a feeling Greinke is going to be a fantastic get for someone. In one of those MLBTR chats, the writer pointed out that 3 of his last 4 starts of the season really hurt his stats. I feel like a rebuilding team should offer a one or 2 year high AAV deal and look to flip him. Probably wants a contender though.

Would make sense for the Tigers honestly.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

First and foremost, if RH/KW trade with Oakland, they'll get curb-stomped. They got crushed the last few times they traded with Oakland, and they got crushed trading with the scrubs last season. 

So, I think they'll make an inferior choice trading, which will hurt this years team, and further shorten the window. Just don't trade, because they've shown no ability to match wits with enemy front offices.

One SP I've looked at (back when we thought the CBT was only going to be ~$215MM) is Kwang Hyun Kim. Lefty GB pitcher with SP/RP experience.

If this FO comes to their senses, and sends Crochet down to be stretched out, he's an interesting arm that can fill a variety of roles. He can start, or come out of the pen and take multiple innings.

Insofar as who would be a primary SP signing, I haven't considered that yet, given that I hadn't expected the CBT to go up much.

But whatever they do, they don't need to trade for a veteran, because they'll lose. They do well selling cheap stars (Sale/Q/Eaton), but they get absolutely curb-stomped trying to add veterans.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd like Pineda.  Dude is entertaining to watch.  

I agree with this. He'll probably be a 4.5 era pitcher but has enough that you can imagine him getting a career year if things go right.

Not feeling amazing about the FA opportunities. 2b is completely lost. I am now mostly just rooting against Villar.

I'd say Josh Harrison should have like 30+% odds and the favorite to go here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not feeling amazing about the FA opportunities. 2b is completely lost. I am now mostly just rooting against Villar.

I'd say Josh Harrison should have like 30+% odds and the favorite to go here.

Yeah it's pretty bad. I'm just aiming for defense at that position now. And honestly might as well have just signed Yolmer to a minor league deal for depth.