2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They still owe Cano $48M over the next two years and have a few guys like JD Davis & Dom Smith who can rotate through there.  I’d be pretty surprised if they signed a $20M AAV OF, but you never know with Cohen at helm.

Yeah, by no means do I think it would be a "slam dunk" that NYM would or that they wouldn't want to re-sign Conforto.

Its just that when a boomer opens his piehole like Showalter did, its worth noting. Especially given the universal DH, and whatever trading NYM will do...

...that is, whenever the lockout ends.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d rather have Castellanos in RF than a Vaughn / Sheets, but no idea why you’d prioritize him over Conforto.

I have a feeling a lot more teams are after Conforto, as he will get fewer years.  He might be wise to take up Colorado’s interest and get a shorter-term deal and put up big numbers.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I have a feeling a lot more teams are after Conforto, as he will get fewer years.  He might be wise to take up Colorado’s interest and get a shorter-term deal and put up big numbers.

Does Castellanos have a QO?

Just went through all the free agents again. Couple thoughts:

- I can't believe Billy McKinnie is only 27.

- Man Tauchmann had a horrible, horrible year last year. Crazy after he was traded how much better we were with Brian Goodwin.

- Wild how Albert Almora went from a pretty consistently high 17% k rate guy to 31% krate but didn't improve in power or anything.

- What's left is like a rick hahn jubilee of powerful corner outfield types. I imagine his reaction to this market is like if someone logged on late to their fantasy draft and can't believe there are still all the defense and kickers left.

• Haha 2