War in Ukraine

caulfield12

On 3/15/2022 at 12:39 PM, KBX said:

I'm surprised that so few people are skeptical of the media-intel-military complex waving blue/yellow flags after having seen its geopolitical handiwork for the past few decades. 

Wait you mean the Arab Spring wasn’t organic?!? 😂🤣😂

The war crimes accusations make me nervous. It seems like a case is being made for NATO to get involved directly. Ukraine isn't large enough to contain a Russia versus NATO battle. It will spill across borders. 

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

The war crimes accusations make me nervous. It seems like a case is being made for NATO to get involved directly. Ukraine isn't large enough to contain a Russia versus NATO battle. It will spill across borders. 

There are no good choices

Stay out of it and watch possibly thousands of Ukranians die.

Get involved and have possibly millions die worldwide.

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

There are no good choices

Stay out of it and watch possibly thousands of Ukranians die.

Get involved and have possibly millions die worldwide.

Biden put together a team to plan strategy if Russia uses chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear weapons. Two thoughts 

One: Why isn't that a permanent team? 

Two: My stepson recently finished CBRN training and is in South Korea. 

On 3/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, Texsox said:

Biden put together a team to plan strategy if Russia uses chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear weapons. Two thoughts 

One: Why isn't that a permanent team? 

Two: My stepson recently finished CBRN training and is in South Korea. 

Got a link to prove any of this?

It goes without saying that the Pentagon has civilian strategists, as well as general staff types working on this sort of thing all the time.

20 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

It goes without saying that the Pentagon has civilian strategists, as well as general staff types working on this sort of thing all the time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/us/politics/biden-russia-nuclear-weapons.amp.html

BRUSSELS — The White House has quietly assembled a team of national security officials to sketch out scenarios of how the United States and its allies should respond if President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — frustrated by his lack of progress in Ukraine or determined to warn Western nations against intervening in the war — unleashes his stockpiles of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.

I'm not going to supply proof of my son's assignment. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. He graduated from Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri, the only base CBRN trains at. You can fact check that.

24 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

No need to provide a link. I know how to use Google. :drink

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

No need to provide a link. I know how to use Google. :drink

Im glad you do.

But when you post something, its common courtesy to source what you post. Otherwise, if you just post what you see, you come off as a Greg.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Texsox said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/us/politics/biden-russia-nuclear-weapons.amp.html

BRUSSELS — The White House has quietly assembled a team of national security officials to sketch out scenarios of how the United States and its allies should respond if President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — frustrated by his lack of progress in Ukraine or determined to warn Western nations against intervening in the war — unleashes his stockpiles of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.

I'm not going to supply proof of my son's assignment. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. He graduated from Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri, the only base CBRN trains at. You can fact check that.

I dont care about you proving your stepson's assignment. Its good that there are servicemen to do the work that veterans like myself used to do. Thank you to your stepson.

But to the "tiger team," this really isn't at all as you had originally described it. The Pentagon, West Point, and both military and civilian intelligence types work on this sort of thing "all the time."

The "tiger team," as described by the NYT, is a NATO workgroup specific to the current conflict.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

40 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

It's called the Tiger Team even...anticipating the events of Ukraine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/us/politics/biden-russia-nuclear-weapons.html

I don't believe my description was inaccurate. I described their mission precisely. Again, it seems like it should be a permanent team. Which was the question I asked.

You read my post and didn't believe that team could be true. So you were as surprised as I was that a team like that wasn't already in place.

I'll summarize if the information I'm using is behind a paywall. If something is widely reported as this was, I don't bother with a link. I heard or read it from at least five different news sources. Albeit two seemed to be just repeating the NYT story. 

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

I don't believe my description was inaccurate. I described their mission precisely. Again, it seems like it should be a permanent team. Which was the question I asked.

You read my post and didn't believe that team could be true. So you were as surprised as I was that a team like that wasn't already in place.

I'll summarize if the information I'm using is behind a paywall. If something is widely reported as this was, I don't bother with a link. I heard or read it from at least five different news sources. Albeit two seemed to be just repeating the NYT story. 

You made it sound as though there were not people working on scenarios "all the time," and said that "Biden put together a team to plan strategy," as if the Pentagon doesn't work on this already.

Had you said that the US and NATO put together a workgroup to collaboratively strategize the current situation, you would have been accurate.

Again, the Pentagon works on this sort of thing "all the time." What we may or may not do is to work collaboratively with our allies on an active shooting war adjacent to our allies. And yes, do cite your sources, or you gregg up threads. It takes all of ~10 seconds to do, and is a common courtesy for the rest of us.

Hell, at a bare minimum, the phrase, "I saw over on NYT that...." would have been better than a gregg of a post, without bothering with citation.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

I assumed people know that multiple government agencies would each have teams responsible for this. I believe Soxtalk posters are that smart and don't need dialogue for dummies. But I'll include a few links for folks that might be less informed or need more information. 

https://bfy.tw/Sn3Y

https://bfy.tw/Sn3S

https://bfy.tw/Qs2P

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I assumed people know that multiple government agencies would each have teams responsible for this. I believe Soxtalk posters are that smart and don't need dialogue for dummies. But I'll include a few links for folks that might be less informed or need more information. 

Wait, just a few posts ago, you wrote, ..."One: Why isn't that a permanent team," as if you weren't aware.

Now, you're trying to play it off as if you were.

You made the claim that, "Biden put together a team to plan strategy," which really wasn't true. More like NATO made a workgroup, and then you Gregg'ed it up.

I get that you gotta protect your ego from being asked to cite your sources. But, NO ONE is attacking you, OK?

Citing your sources is really a matter of courtesy to do so. Thats all. 

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

Lol. Should I cite that there is a war in Ukraine? Biden is President? The team's formation was widely reported. It didn't hurt my ego you needed help with Google. I enjoy teaching. It was literally the first ten results when I found it for you. 

Why didn't you believe the White House put a team together?

16 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'm surprised this hasn't happened more. I can't imagine that the majority of rank and file Russian soldiers think conquering Ukraine is something worth dying for.

But not conquering is worth committing murder for? That's a huge step and big self sacrifice.