Molson Coors new Sox domestic beer partner

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I should have said: I think they still sell bottles, but I'd be suprised if it was on draft everywhere. Unless Sox had a deal solely with Modelo.

Right, I think it could still be one of the main draft imports alongside Corona but overall it's being replaced with Miller Lite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rev was a seperate partnership though as they're not owned by Inbev. I just think Rev didn't want to continue to pay their own fees to sell their brand there. Rev could have remained with the loss of inbev. 

Molson Coors and Inbev's overall portfolios are very similar in size and offerings. I prefer Coors the company to inbev personally. Most craft beer offered at the park was either Revolution solely or select partnerships with other brands that had third party licenses with their vendors.

I prefer Rev and Goose to what Molson Coors offers. Was a big fan of the Sox Golden Ale at the games as a go to. Miller light is equivalent to piss water IMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I prefer Rev and Goose to what Molson Coors offers. Was a big fan of the Sox Golden Ale at the games as a go to. Miller light is equivalent to piss water IMO.

I get it, but Rev really has nothing to do with inbev and Goose. Seems from what was said the Sox decided to go in another direction with the rev partnership. 

Goose isn't a craft brand, but I will say they did a nice job marketing the Sox and etc and there were some local ties. As for golden ale and etc; I don't drink light beer ever really, but when I did I really only drank Coors light so no preference for me one way or another.

I'll be interested to see what they carry in the outfield because none of those beers were inbev beers either. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

It seems like Miller just wanted as much real estate as possible in the park, or as little distraction from their coor products. Which, cool, we get to see the white sox use this money now on Craig Kimbrel.

They actually renamed Kimbrel as part of the deal. If his ERA is above 4, he goes by Craig Anheuser-Busch. ERA below 3 his name changes to Craig "Miller Lite is the Best."

An ERA between those two, he is simply known as Craig Presented by Binny's Beverage Depot

It was in crains this morning...

Revolution = Vizzy View Bar now

Kraft Kave = Leinie's Lounge (Lodge**) now

Miller Lite Landing = RF seats

Modelo is still around. They still have their deal with Constellation Brands as official imported beer partner. Also legally, Sox cant agree to an exclusive serving rights, so you'll still be able to find offerings around the park (likely) just not as easily. 

Edited by he gone.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, he gone. said:

It was in crains this morning...

Revolution = Vizzy View Bar now

Kraft Kave = Leinie's Lounge now

Miller Lite Landing = RF seats

Modelo is still around. They still have their deal with Constellation Brands as official imported beer partner. Also legally, Sox cant agree to an exclusive serving rights, so you'll still be able to find offerings around the park (likely) just not as easily. 

Wow those marketers are talented AF

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I remember when it was MillerCoors, but I thought they split and then Molson merged with Coors. 

At the top corporate level they changed the name to Molson Coors Brewing sometime around 2020, removing the Miller name altogether at the top level while maintaining the Miller brand and assets at lower levels.

9 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

At the top corporate level they changed the name to Molson Coors Brewing sometime around 2020, removing the Miller name altogether at the top level while maintaining the Miller brand and assets at lower levels.

Yeah, I checked their website. Miller is still part of their company. 

32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I remember when it was MillerCoors, but I thought they split and then Molson merged with Coors. 

Their Chicago HQ is right across the river from my office. They have a bar on the top floor with no cash register. Even though their brands aren't my favorites, it's always been a goal to go up there.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Oh no the goose is gone? Our dream of sparks flying out of its eyes when it's hit by a baseball are crushed.

They should just keep a goose, unaffiliated to any product. And just have it be one of those things fifty years from now where we are like "yeah that's the outfield goose. Just one of those things"

Just to piss off Hahn, Jerry is going to replace it with a giant statue of TLR

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Who do we contact to demand termination of this deal and to bring back the Goose? 

Totally agree. not afraid to repost my own work I was very proud of (took >5 minutes) but posted to the outdated thread. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Guys after organizing our fan power to try fire hahn, tlr, and southpaw, I think our next act should be to try and replace the goose with something we prefer. Miller and Coors never had leo burnett create a dumb animal spokesperson, so we have complete freedom here.

The goose was beautiful, it was frightening, I both wanted it pristine but also desperately wanted to see it get what it deserved (hit with a baseball because it chased me on golf courses).

This is the best replacement I could do, with the pristigious, punchable piping plovers

gooseisland2.jpg

• Love 1