5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 2 | 6:10PM CT

2 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Just to clarify, I'm not thinking about new ownership moving the Sox and not making a case that they would. I'm simply stating that the stadium is a non-issue in such a case.

I agree with you there. 

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I can’t believe I actually want Ozzie to manage the Sox again but here we are.

If you told me that Jerry would only allow Tony or Ozzie to manage the team, and I have to make the choice, I would pick Ozzie and run out of the room laughing and giggling for joy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you told me that Jerry would only allow Tony or Ozzie to manage the team, and I have to make the choice, I would pick Ozzie and run out of the room laughing and giggling for joy.

In that appalling binary, so would I.  But only because I’m beyond desperate to be free of TLR. 

50 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Agreed.  Don't even need to think twice.

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can I get a response on this @Green Line?  Or you stumped?  

So many things.  He led an injury devastated ball club to 90+ wins and a division championship last year with basically have the team injured for the second half of the season.  He manages the bullpen excellently.  He keeps the attention off the players so they can just focus on the game at hand, unlike Ozzie who was all drama all the time.  Now, with injuries ravaging the team again, he has prevented a collapse and kept them hovering around .500 until the players, who have sucked, can turn it around.

plus I cant even get into the fact that most of what a manager does in unseen to fans.  We have no clue what goes on in the clubhouse, we only know the results speak for themselves.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

So many things.  He led an injury devastated ball club to 90+ wins and a division championship last year with basically have the team injured for the second half of the season.  He manages the bullpen excellently.  He keeps the attention off the players so they can just focus on the game at hand, unlike Ozzie who was all drama all the time.  Now, with injuries ravaging the team again, he has prevented a collapse and kept them hovering around .500 until the players, who have sucked, can turn it around.

plus I cant even get into the fact that most of what a manager does in unseen to fans.  We have no clue what goes on in the clubhouse, we only know the results speak for themselves.

This is the one part I would agree with, though for the exact opposite reasons you do.

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The results have been a .500 club for the past 125 or so ballgame.  Get your head out of your ass, man. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The results have been a .500 club for the past 125 or so ballgame.  Get your head out of your ass, man. 

No, I meant the results over his entire career of course.  You're asking what he brings to the team, but you only want to look at the last 125 games and not the previous 2 decades.

Edited by Green Line