5/31 Games

BamaDoc

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2022-05-31

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=05/31/2022

Hope everyone had a good holiday.  Last game in May.  Lucas for the big club.  Since we have disappointed so far, now that everyone is counting us out, hopefully we wake up and rally!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I feel like you are the official hype man for those leagues.

They are totally the equivalent to playing OOTP. Especially now with a month before the draft, ACL is going to be a random name generator with stats assigned to them daily. Completely exciting.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

They are totally the equivalent to playing OOTP. Especially now with a month before the draft, ACL is going to be a random name generator with stats assigned to them daily. Completely exciting.

I'm glad you enjoy it I really am. It sounds sorta dumb but your excited postings about 16-18 year olds on the back fields of Phoenix during the last couple years has been a nice distraction at times.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm glad you enjoy it I really am. It sounds sorta dumb but your excited postings about 16-18 year olds on the back fields of Phoenix during the last couple years has been a nice distraction at times.

That's down the street from me a few miles.  There are times I want to go watch but outdoor baseball in 105 weather at night kinda makes it unappealing.

Still no Colas. Sadge.

Really wonder what the deal is. That Mark Parker guy said it didn't seem to be an injury. Did he just bail on the game after his third strikeout out of frustration on the 28th?

Edit: James says he thinks he's hurt again.

Edited by DirtySox

18 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Still no Colas. Sadge.

Really wonder what the deal is. That Mark Parker guy said it didn't seem to be an injury. Did he just bail on the game after his third strikeout out of frustration on the 28th?

Edit: James says he thinks he's hurt again.

If only he could be the next Carlos Quentin, too tightly wound, and too hard on himself.  Kind of a strange situation in terms of the lack of clarification.  Not exactly forthcoming.  In the NBA, like with Ayton/Williams, you get 100 articles within 24-48 hours.

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If only he could be the next Carlos Quentin, too tightly wound, and too hard on himself.  Kind of a strange situation in terms of the lack of clarification.  Not exactly forthcoming.  In the NBA, like with Ayton/Williams, you get 100 articles within 24-48 hours.

The minors are a different world.  We don't get moment by moment G League updates either.

Mena with an extended first inning.

Other than a 4 pitch walk to start the game, he's throwing strikes. Some unlucky soft contact, and a line drive on a hung slider. Gets a strikeout on a high fastball to end the 1st.

Looks better than last outing for sure, but it seems like Augusta is sitting on the breaking pitches. Would make sense with how often he uses them.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic