Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

Just now, chw42 said:

It looks like he's swatting flies up there with his bat. Why even swing at it if you're not gonna hit it hard?

Looks to me like he's selling out completely to make contact. That's why his K rate is so low but he's not hitting for any power

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Looks to me like he's selling out completely to make contact. That's why his K rate is so low but he's not hitting for any power

Would much rather see the strikeouts increase if it means more power

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Luis Luis Luis you don't want to hit outside pitches son ! Take a freaking walk once in a while. Make the pitchers respect you.

If I was a pitcher I wouldn't even put a pitch in the strike zone until there were 2 balls on the count.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'd understand that swing with 2 strikes, but that was an 0-1 count. His approach just sucks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Would much rather see the strikeouts increase if it means more power

It definitely seems like the pendulum has swung way too far towards making contact. Maybe it's a health thing because his quality of contact metrics were outrageously good early in the season

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'd understand that swing with 2 strikes, but that was an 0-1 count. His approach just sucks. 

Look at his first swing and his feet.  He had absolutely no base on that swing.  Looked like a bad hitting pitcher.

• Like 1