7/27 Games

BamaDoc

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Why are the Sox not claiming starters on waivers or targeting teams with 40 man roster crunches to try and build a viable rotation in Charlotte? What they're putting on the mound most days is a total embarrassment.

It is brutal. And worse is how brutal even the bullpens are at lower levels. None of the denlingers, Lunas, etc provided any help. It’s all udfas in a ball, all minor league FAs in AA/AAA. Just an org incapable of handling every aspect of team building at once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wegner said:

JUST CALL HIM UP NOW

How's that?

They called Sosa up from AA. So it's possible. Colas already played a little bit in the NPB back in 2019. He's 23. AA might be too easy for him. 

• Love 1

• bmags unpinned this topic
25 minutes ago, bmags said:

@DirtySox is your man there, I'm always putting kids to bed.

Can be tough to assess defense on MILB.TV with how shit much of the camera work is, but he looks passable in CF. He's had a decent amount of impressive catches when he was with W-S. Often on plays that have had him going back for hard hit fly balls. I don't think he's going usurp a Robert or Engel in CF, and that's fine. We would be more than happy with him in a corner OF spot given the level of defense we are accustomed to seeing this season.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chw42 said:

They called Sosa up from AA. So it's possible. Colas already played a little bit in the NPB back in 2019. He's 23. AA might be too easy for him. 

I've been saying that about the NPB and that was 3 years ago when he was 20. If Colas truly did throw a bit of a hissy fit in a tweet close to a month ago it's understandable.

He probably was thinking he's close to MLB ready , they barely use him any Spring training games, then they stick him in A ball.

I'm not saying that was the wrong call, after all ,he had a lot of inactivity to shake off. Then the wrist thing and the rust kept his stats good+ but not great But if what we are seeing now is the real deal after getting some hitting advice on how to turn on the inner half pitches while still being able to go the opposite way too, hee could be a huge asset going forward and quicker than most thought originally based on him starting in W-S.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside