Wild Card?

harkness99

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Your claiming the extra base hits and home runs come when those 5 players start games together, but they rarely have started games together. We've played 116 games thus far and those 9 games you claim they have played together, represents 7.7% of this season being productive.

Anderson is out for another 5 weeks or so, Robert is day to day and who knows what his story is and Jimenez is injury prone and who knows when his next injury will occur. 

Your logic is correct but unrealistic based on how little they do play together.

That's why I said we have struggled with HR's and XBH's! The Sox are 25th in Home Runs, 23rd in XBH's and 19th in Runs per game...and that's because they can't stay healthy.

I guess that my point is if those five players are basically healthy from Sept 15 to Nov 5 and the Sox are in the playoffs, I like our chances, so writing off the season at this point based on our record with uncharacteristically high Leury and Sheets and Haseley doses feels premature.

With injuries, this has just been an extremely unlucky year. But bear in mind that the double headers, Vaughn still “paying his dues” (I guess) early this season, and with La Russa’s wacky Sunday lineups on any given day, it should be a lot more than a nine game sample size and it isn’t. I have a feeling if everyone is actually healthy this team could be a sleeping monster as-is

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:04 PM, The Kids Can Play said:

Does it really matter whether we win a wild card or win the division? Does anybody think we have any legitimate chance in the playoffs to go deep? Does anyone seriously think the Sox have the same talent level, quality manager and coaches, along with a winning attitude of the Dodgers, Mets, Astros, Yankees and Braves?

Of course this is all due to the worst owner in baseball Jerry Reinsdorf and an overrated and underachieving VP/GM Rick Hahn.

I’ll continue repeating it until the comparison is no longer relevant. Braves were 59-57 after 116 games, 3rd place in the division, 1.5 games out of first place. A lot can happen over 46 games to end the season.

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’ll continue repeating it until the comparison is no longer relevant. Braves were 59-57 after 116 games, 3rd place in the division, 1.5 games out of first place. A lot can happen over 46 games to end the season.

They also got 4 outfielders right around that point too.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:04 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The comparison was never relevant. There are other examples of teams having late season surges. That has nothing to do with the White Sox.

Yes, you can still hope for the best, but I don't see any indication that this offense is going get much better. If the White Sox prove me wrong, that's okay. It's not like I haven't been mistaken about something before. But I'm tired of waiting for the big hit that seems never to happen. For me, the expectations just aren't there. They never are when the bases are left loaded again.

• Like 1