3/14 Sox vs A's, 3:05PM CT, A's Cast

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

One of his teammates said on Sunday during the broadcast that Cease would struggle with pitch clock, as he goes to the rosin bag after every pitch.

Never thought about that. Maybe he can just rosin his whole arm and go to that after every pitch. 

• Haha 1

So I am obviously a big play our guys to see what they have so we don't have to pay 16 mil for leurys kinda guy,

but was also a supporter of signing alberto...

and given the stolen base rules, I feel like he'll be a good piece to take advantage. Hopefully we get a hot two months or so and can help us get some more budget for a real acquisition.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

At this point it feels like a lock to make the team. He can get some at bats at third when Moncada sits against a lefty.

Hmm so you think the mighty Moncada might sit against LHP sometimes for a journeyman infielder who the Sox signed to a minor league deal based on ST ABs.

Leury gone ?

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hmm so you think the mighty Moncada might sit against LHP sometimes for a journeyman infielder who the Sox signed to a minor league deal based on ST ABs.

Leury gone ?

Not a straight a platoon, no. But when he needs a day why not (Alberto doesn't fit well anywhere else honestly)?

I think the bench will be: Zavala, Leury, Alberto, 4th OF to be named later because Hamilton and Marisnick suck.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Not a straight a platoon, no. But when he needs a day why not (Alberto doesn't fit well anywhere else honestly)?

I think the bench will be: Zavala, Leury, Alberto, 4th OF to be named later because Hamilton and Marisnick suck.

Starters get days off, which is why there are backups.  I don't know why it's a hard concept.  Signs seem to point more to Alberto making the roster than not at this juncture.

I would limit all these guys' pitches. Cease only has so many bullets left in that surgically repaired elbow. If he can get ready for the season and build stamina doing his side work as much as possible -- great. I know he needs to throw some live bullets but I really hope we have a holistic approach to injury prevention this year and that goes for the position players as well. Track their use, track their stress hormones and shut them down and rest before injury occurs.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1