2023 AL Central Division Thread

caulfield12

2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Guards DFA offseason add Zunino and will be calling up top prospect Bo Naylor.

McKenzie might be hurt again.

Touki T. took his start and at least kept them in it. 

Definitely can't trade Bieber now unless they White Flag the season. 

Cleveland lost. 6-3. Bieber ran out of gas late. Corbin Carroll is good at baseball.  I bet the Guards regret believing in the Oscar Gonzalez mirage and trading Will Benson to the Reds.  Benson has looked very good of late. The similarly named Will Brennan? He's okay, but probably not a first division regular.

Twins manager Rocco Baldelli has consistently said that when asked near-daily questions about the possibility of Buxton returning to center field, but the manager expanded on his standard comments Tuesday.

“Physically, he cannot play in the field,” Baldelli said. “I’ve said that from the first day until now. … At this moment in time, and from the beginning of the year, he has not been physically able to play in the outfield. If he was, he would be out there. If we even thought it was possible he could play the outfield right now, he would be out there. But he can’t. He physically can’t.”

From Gleeman in The Athletic.

17 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Guardians and Twins win again.  I'm getting less and less confident that the  Sox can win the division.

How were you confident at all to begin with? And I don't mean this as a snarky comment, but there's no way anyone could have watched all these games so far and had any confidence that this team could win this division. The only thing preventing this team from being in last place is a tanking Royals squad.