No Colon for us: KW

cwsox

The most important news.... however implausible.....was this... from the same article.

Seeking relief

Don't be surprised if the Mets make a push this off-season to acquire Sox right-hander Billy Koch.

The Mets, who traded Armando Benitez to the Yankees on July 16, are expected to sign or trade for a closer while they wait for former Sox prospect Royce Ring to develop.

If the Sox move Koch and all or most of his $6.375 million salary, they could have enough to re-sign Tom Gordon.

:lolhitting

The most important news.... however implausible.....was this... from the same article.

Seeking relief

Don't be surprised if the Mets make a push this off-season to acquire Sox right-hander Billy Koch.

The Mets, who traded Armando Benitez to the Yankees on July 16, are expected to sign or trade for a closer while they wait for former Sox prospect Royce Ring to develop.

If the Sox move Koch and all or most of his $6.375 million salary, they could have enough to re-sign Tom Gordon.

:lolhitting

I wonder sometimes where they get this information. I usually come to the conclusion that they discovered it out of thin air.

Ponson maybe. Someone will outbid His Cheapness for Millwood.

Bye bye Bart.

Now KW gets to show everyone why he should be this team's GM. I'm gonna :puke

Why the f*** are you such an asshole? What else can Kenny do? NO OTHER GM could have ever got Jerry to agree to sign a pitcher to the contract he was willing to give Colon. KW is a gamer, and he is the best thing for this organization. Seriously, what can a GM do if someone decides to turn down your best offer, which mind you , is a very fair deal.

KW is TRYING to win here.....unless the crappy GMs we have had in the past. It is a shame you are such a moron you cannot see that.

Bye bye Bart.

Why the f*** are you such an asshole? What else can Kenny do? NO OTHER GM could have ever got Jerry to agree to sign a pitcher to the contract he was willing to give Colon. KW is a gamer, and he is the best thing for this organization. Seriously, what can a GM do if someone decides to turn down your best offer, which mind you , is a very fair deal.

KW is TRYING to win here.....unless the crappy GMs we have had in the past. It is a shame you are such a moron you cannot see that.

I don't see Killa, in this instance, being an asshole. I see him as a person speaking the truth.

We won't get Millwood....we will probably get Ponson(wouldn't surprise me if we did....we've had interest in him before), and KW will make a trade this offseason that blows up in our faces. He traded Sirotka for Wells in 01, and that was the worst thing that could have happened to the White Sox in the media at the time. He traded Kipper, Fogg, and Lowe for the Toad in 02....yeah, that was a great move. And this past season, he traded the best closer in the AL, Keith Foulke(though he is, what I like to call, a choker), a decent backup catcher, and a pretty damn good pitching prospect(who was involved in the deal that got them Jose Guillen) for Billy Koch and two minor leaguers(one of whom could be very, very good someday).

KW has gotten slapped around and made into other GM's b****es in those deals. I mean, he got practically NOTHING in return for Kip Wells from Pittsburgh, who got Jose Hernandez, Bobby Hill, and some other prospect for Aramis Ramirez and Kenny Lofton. Wanna explain that one to me?

I just can't wait for his big move this year! :rolleyes:

Bye bye Bart.

I don't see Killa, in this instance, being an asshole. I see him as a person speaking the truth.

We won't get Millwood....we will probably get Ponson(wouldn't surprise me if we did....we've had interest in him before), and KW will make a trade this offseason that blows up in our faces. He traded Sirotka for Wells in 01, and that was the worst thing that could have happened to the White Sox in the media at the time. He traded Kipper, Fogg, and Lowe for the Toad in 02....yeah, that was a great move. And this past season, he traded the best closer in the AL, Keith Foulke(though he is, what I like to call, a choker), a decent backup catcher, and a pretty damn good pitching prospect(who was involved in the deal that got them Jose Guillen) for Billy Koch and two minor leaguers(one of whom could be very, very good someday).

KW has gotten slapped around and made into other GM's b****es in those deals. I mean, he got practically NOTHING in return for Kip Wells from Pittsburgh, who got Jose Hernandez, Bobby Hill, and some other prospect for Aramis Ramirez and Kenny Lofton. Wanna explain that one to me?

I just can't wait for his big move this year! :rolleyes:

I agree with you on one point. Killa is not an asshole. As for the rest of it....

I loved the Line of His Cheapness... :headbang

Were f***ed, With Reinsdork as Owner where f***ed. They wanted to Deffer Money cause el Cheapo doesn't want to spend. Well if we're ever gonna win it's spending.. Sheesh

Sell the Dam team :angry:

Reinsdorf

:dips***

I think that's a stab in the back to ticket holders and to the people who went to the games and the attendance grew... Ahhhh another 5 years of Suckyness

I loved the Line of His Cheapness...  :headbang

Were f***ed, With Reinsdork as Owner where f***ed. They wanted to Deffer Money cause el Cheapo doesn't want to spend. Well if we're ever gonna win it's spending.. Sheesh

Sell the Dam team  :angry:

Reinsdorf

:dips***

I think that's a stab in the back to ticket holders and to the people who went to the games and the attendance grew... Ahhhh another 5 years of Suckyness

That suckiness is going to last till JR dies or retires.

The stance being taken by KW with Colon could just be a negotiation ploy. If Colon does, in fact, want to stay in Chicago (I know ... it's probably BS), his agent may just be trying to get more out of the Sox. Now KW, could be, in effect, calling his bluff by saying we have to move on to other options. Colon may decide at this point to accept the offer without risking a depressed free agent market, ala Kenny Rogers last year.

Then again, probably not.

Supposedly, the payroll is going to go up 12-14 million (at least that's what the Chicago media has said).

Whether or not that is true remains to be seen.

I have not seen anything to suggest that the payroll would increase by more than $5 million, at the most.

The two Chicago "baseball experts" on the sportsradio stations were saying that, so take it for what it's worth.

I've said it before - Reinsdorf is of the mindset of "you come to the park, and then I'll spend money." The Sox fans are of the mindset of "you spend money, and then we'll come to the park." And we all saw what happened when the Sox spent some extra money. Reinsdorf had better remember that. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, CHAIRMAN. And don't you forget it, either.

The two Chicago "baseball experts" on the sportsradio stations were saying that, so take it for what it's worth. 

I've said it before - Reinsdorf is of the mindset of "you come to the park, and then I'll spend money."  The Sox fans are of the mindset of "you spend money, and then we'll come to the park."  And we all saw what happened when the Sox spent some extra money.  Reinsdorf had better remember that.  THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, CHAIRMAN.  And don't you forget it, either.

Now that, my friend, is one helluva great post!

As for the media... I don't have much access to the Chicago radio media, just late night on clear nights. I usually only get my info from the newspapers' websites and from here.

I just try to tell it like it is. :headbang

If the Sox come back with a similar payroll, it's not only limiting the players we can acquire, it's also sending a bad message to Sox fans, who have made it crystal clear that JR has to adhere to what THEY want in order for them to show up.

If he spent an extra 12-15 million, and the club was competitive and fun to watch, not JR or his accountants can honestly tell me they wouldn't get that money back in the long run.

So we can't lose, right?

If the extra 15 million helps us make the playoffs and play good baseball, we win.

If it completely flops and Kenny gets fired, we still win.

I don't see the negative in any part of this scenario. :lol: :lolhitting

But seriously, I just wish that for ONE STINKING YEAR, Reinsdorf would quit counting the beans and gold coins and actually back up his statements about "wanting the win the World Series." You can do that without a huge payroll, yes, but you still need a decent payroll. In today's MLB, 70 million is right in the middle.