Tim Anderson Interview by The Pivot

Kyyle23

• Kyyle23 changed the title to Tim Anderson Interview by The Pivot

I just am good on hearing him complain about voices and people talking and stuff.  We didn’t dig into his personal life, that stuff was stuck on social media for everyone to see and people found out.  Just disappointed in how everything has been handled and where he places blame

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I just am good on hearing him complain about voices and people talking and stuff.  We didn’t dig into his personal life, that stuff was stuck on social media for everyone to see and people found out.  Just disappointed in how everything has been handled and where he places blame

Let me guess he blamed the media?

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I haven’t even watched it yet but based on the thumbnail description I bet they discuss it 

I don't really rate marital infidelity but if you're gonna sleep around outside your marriage at least have the good sense to not get caught. Of course nobody would give half a s%*# about his off field issues if he was still hitting 300/330/480 and playing 145 games a year.  He wants it to be one way, but it's the other.

• Like 5

There's only one person to blame for his troubles and it's not the media or the fan base. It's the so-called "face of the franchise" who has played like crap for a full calendar year: 

6-9-22 through 6-9-23:

85 games played, 1 home run, 16 RBI's, hit into 12 double plays, .256 batting average, .293 on-base percentage, .301 slugging percentage, .594 OPS.

Saw these numbers posted by a Sox fan and they stunned me that he was this bad. 

With numbers like that I don't see how he can have any defenders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The calendar year stuff is garbage considering he missed most of last season due to injury .  He needs to be better and there is a lot of stuff going on in his life that are clearly affecting things.  He wasn’t bad before he broke his hand last year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

The calendar year stuff is garbage considering he missed most of last season due to injury .  He needs to be better and there is a lot of stuff going on in his life that are clearly affecting things.  He wasn’t bad before he broke his hand last year

Which is another one of his many issues... he can not stay healthy.

For what its worth, the fan did a detailed study over multiple years not just the past one. The arrow is pointing down, but judge for yourself.  fetch?photoid=85827

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

I hope they pay him the 1 mil to be a free agent after the season. Then he can sign his one year deal somewhere and try to get a 3-yr deal after. 

Another thing to keep in mind with Anderson...he's not a kid anymore. He's 30 or about to be 30. With his injury history I can't see any club giving him a nine figure deal.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Which is another one of his many issues... he can not stay healthy.

For what its worth, the fan did a detailed study over multiple years not just the past one. The arrow is pointing down, but judge for yourself.  fetch?photoid=85827

I will lip, thanks

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Am I wrong or does that detailed study show a pretty steady offensive career until he broke his hand

Not sure why a broken hand would cause him to post career lows in GB%, launch angle, and overall swing % (other than his rookie year).

He looks like a guy that tried to change his entire approach midway through his career and it was a massive failure. It's like he tried to turn into something he's not. He's a free swing that has incredible top hand when he was going well. Now he's a guy that gets into too many two strike counts and is just looking to flip something into RF.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

TA knocks up some woman whose line of work is social media "influencer". How stupid is he to now be complaining his business is on social media? Just another case of not being accountable. I loved the guy. Now, I've had about enough.

Like I posted, with him it seems to always be someone else's fault. It's the media...it's the fan base.

Tim needs to look in the mirror. If you are going to talk, "We're the best team in the league...", "I'm the best player on the field..." then it behooves you to back it up or you look like an idiot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not sure why a broken hand would cause him to post career lows in GB%, launch angle, and overall swing % (other than his rookie year).

He looks like a guy that tried to change his entire approach midway through his career and it was a massive failure. It's like he tried to turn into something he's not. He's a free swing that has incredible top hand when he was going well. Now he's a guy that gets into too many two strike counts and is just looking to flip something into RF.

I mean, he didn’t play for almost 8 months, and last year all we all complained about with the offense was that it was a singles offense, encouraged by the batting coach. 

and it’s interesting that you point out how important his top hand is right after asking why a broken hand would affect his career norms

At around 45 minutes he says, "I'm living with the good, bad and ugly in front of the entire world, but I also get a chance to show the world, how I continue to be great through the good, bad and ugly, which is good for the kids."

Wow, TA is in a time warp! This is not 2019-2022. This is 2023 and he isn't anything close to even good, let alone great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I mean, he didn’t play for almost 8 months, and last year all we all complained about with the offense was that it was a singles offense, encouraged by the batting coach. 

and it’s interesting that you point out how important his top hand is right after asking why a broken hand would affect his career norms

It was on his non dominant hand and the injury occurred last August. He should have been able to resume normal baseball activities around X-Mas. I don't know, I just don't see it as that big of a deal. If anything maybe his lower body injuries have done more to sap his talent.

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

At around 45 minutes he says, "I'm living with the good, bad and ugly in front of the entire world, but I also get a chance to show the world, how I continue to be great through the good, bad and ugly, which is good for the kids."

Wow, TA is in a time warp! This is not 2019-2022. This is 2023 and he isn't anything close to even good, let alone great.

Saying “I can be as good as I was in 2019-2022” isn’t as crazy as you think it is.  He is absolutely having a bad year but good lord

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

It was on his non dominant hand and the injury occurred last August. He should have been able to resume normal baseball activities around X-Mas. I don't know, I just don't see it as that big of a deal. If anything maybe his lower body injuries have done more to sap his talent.

I’m willing to concede it could be a few of the injuries he has experienced,  but it’s hard for me to sit here and agree that he is in a career free fall that is all of 85 games of results before and after he missed the rest of a season

• Like 1