Tim Anderson Interview by The Pivot

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I’m willing to concede it could be a few of the injuries he has experienced,  but it’s hard for me to sit here and agree that he is in a career free fall that is all of 85 games of results before and after he missed the rest of a season

Also I don't think he broke his hand, as I recall it was a ring finger tendon injury. He tore it and had surgery. You may be thinking of Benintendi who broke his hand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Saying “I can be as good as I was in 2019-2022” isn’t as crazy as you think it is.  He is absolutely having a bad year but good lord

I was a huge TA fan. But when someone struggles as mightily as he has this year, I don't appreciate or respect when TA says in past comments, "I'm the best player at all times when I step on the field." In this interview which is recent, he states once again, he is still great. Maybe he should to be humble and tell fans he knows he isn't doing as well as he would like, but he will keep giving his best effort. 

I watched the post game interviews last night after the Denver Nuggets won the NBA championship. If you want to learn about the true definition of being modest and humble after not only winning the title, but the Finals MVP, just go watch and listen to Nikola Jokic in all his interviews and how it's all about his team and family first and not about him. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Also I don't think he broke his hand, as I recall it was a ring finger tendon injury. He tore it and had surgery. You may be thinking of Benintendi who broke his hand. 

That’s right, tore it midswing in a check.  My mistake.  Hand injury 

Just lose a lot of respect for a player when the clear clubhouse leader leaves, you are a top player and have been around for the longest, and do nothing to lead the team all while blaming others and praising yourself.

He's a good shortstop, possibly at the start of a long-term decline. One of many reasons I would have traded him in offseason.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

Just lose a lot of respect for a player when the clear clubhouse leader leaves, you are a top player and have been around for the longest, and do nothing to lead the team all while blaming others and praising yourself.

He's a good shortstop, possibly at the start of a long-term decline. One of many reasons I would have traded him in offseason.

He was the top guy I wanted to move this offseason.. damn

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Tim's got 3 more extra base hits than he does GIDP this year.  The off the field drama that I'm sure spills over into the clubhouse isn't worth it, leave him in LA this week. 

Hope he has a great three games and the Dodgers will be willing to offer more for him. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

It's clear the problem here is that we're all not being positive enough. 

Yes sir, that's what Tim told us. It's all about the fans and media not being positive enough. LOL!

I didn't know the "best player on the field at all times" on any given sports team, needed all this positive motivation. I guess I was wrong. I always thought the best athletes on any sports team were usually self starters and self motivated...which how they got to be so good. I'm glad TA educated me correctly for the future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The calendar year stuff is garbage considering he missed most of last season due to injury .  He needs to be better and there is a lot of stuff going on in his life that are clearly affecting things.  He wasn’t bad before he broke his hand last year

How many times is he going to get the excuse “stuff going on in his life affecting things”?

It seems to happen every year.

At what point does he get labeled a weak-minded person for not being able to handle the stuff (mostly self inflicted) that goes on in his life.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

What is so likable about him?

He plays with an energy that few do. His attempts to make baseball exciting when most haven't. He's embraced the southside where few players do. Field of Dreams walk-off is one of the greatest moments in franchise history. Makes racists seethe. 

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

He plays with an energy that few do. His attempts to make baseball exciting when most haven't. He's embraced the southside where few players do. Field of Dreams walk-off is one of the greatest moments in franchise history. Makes racists seethe. 

Fair enough.  From the comments on this thread it seems that he makes more than just the racists seethe. 

2 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Fair enough.  From the comments on this thread it seems that he makes more than just the racists seethe. 

He makes me seethe too Ala the other day with his bone headed play at short. But when he's on, there's few more exciting players. He could have been a face of baseball. Seems unlikely at this point but I hope he turns it around with his play.

He makes me seethe too Ala the other day with his bone headed play at short. But when he's on, there's few more exciting players. He could have been a face of baseball. Seems unlikely at this point but I hope he turns it around with his play.

He may turn it around but if he does I'm guessing it will be with another team.

I wish TA was raking, playing great defense and leading with his smile and charisma.  And I hope it happens with this year's team.  I will actually be bummed if it doesn't turn out this way.  I wish I could be his bro and get his head back on track.  He has been a very good Sox SS in my years as fan.  

• Fire 1

He seems to be a narcissist to me.  He might have made a better boxer than a team sport player.

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

He has lacked energy, swagger, and ability to make things happen this year. 

He is a shell of the person who once became one of my favorite players.

Pretty much. It really seems like he let a lot of things go to his head. Whoever he has in his inner circle is letting him down and he's costing himself quite a bit of money with his play. There's a bunch of guys on this team I used to like that now I'm really just indifferent towards. TA, Moncada, Vaughn, Eloy, the list goes on.

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

It's clear the problem here is that we're all not being positive enough. 

I wouldn't be so dismissive about the impact fans have on a game. I've been to two home games this season and it's a sea of boos for the home team. Cease, Bummer, Robert, doesn't matter who. Maybe they're professionals and are supposed to ignore it but I don't think I could. Sox Park is a depressing place this year. 

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I wouldn't be so dismissive about the impact fans have on a game. I've been to two home games this season and it's a sea of boos for the home team. Cease, Bummer, Robert, doesn't matter who. Maybe they're professionals and are supposed to ignore it but I don't think I could. Sox Park is a depressing place this year. 

Well last year the fans were trying to will that team to be competitive and they were just as listless. They deserve this years atmosphere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well last year the fans were trying to will that team to be competitive and they were just as listless. They deserve this years atmosphere.

Whether or not they 'deserve' it, I don't know why somebody would take the time to show up to a game just to belittle the players. Seems like a waste of time, money and energy. I told some guy to knock it off because he's shouting profanity at Cease in the first inning and there's kids around and Cease can obviously hear him because we're right above the dugout. Completely uncalled for and I would think has an impact on the game. I think fans can play a role in their teams' success, a homefield advantage isn't strictly 'these guys are familiar with the field and can sleep in their own beds' there's energy to be absorbed from the atmosphere. 

Obviously you and me are not the reason the Sox suck but it's also not the players as individuals, its the summation of decisions made by the front office and ownership. We obviously expect more out of 'proven' players like Tim Anderson or Lynn but good teams can deal with down years to one or two players. Of course, pretty much everyone is having a down year which leads me to think it's something to do with coaching or otherwise how the organization is run. I don't think showing up just to trash the players is productive. Bring a 'sell the team' sign or 'fire hahn' sign IMO.

Edited by nrockway
  • Love 1