6/30 - Sox @ Vegas A’s of Oakland: 840CT

ChiSox59

How can a major league franchise, have a general manager, who has absolutely no idea on how to build a productive and/or winning team . Luis Robert Jr. is why I tune in now, but I find myself, more and more, switching over to some other game . i'm getting too old for this ******* ******** . **** *** Jerry Reinsdorf!!!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I' ve never seen  an All Star player so young completely collapse as Anderson has this year. He's only 30 years old and is  lost at the plate. The second time he struck out last night he took 3 pitches right done the middle of the plate. His last at bat he swung at a pitch and missed it by 2 feet. If this continues the rest of the year I wouldn't be surprised if the team didn't pickup his option for 2024. I thought there was a possibility he might be traded at the deadline. I don't  think that is going to happen. I don't think any other team would want him. He can't produce offensively of defensively anymore.

He should be benched for the remainder of the first half. If that doesn't do it, I'd designate him for assignment 

or option him to charlotte. His entire career is in the balance and he appears to be oblivious. Another 50-75

games like this and he'll out of baseball for good.

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The Sox keep reinventing new ways to further embarrass themselves. 

1. Going into the game, the A's were 30th in runs scored at 3.49 per game. The Sox allow the A's 7 runs.

2. Going into the game, the A's were 30th in ERA at 6.08. The Sox score 4 runs.

3. The A's starter Medina going into game was 1-7 with a 6.84 ERA. The Sox bats go dormant and Medina goes 5 IP and 1 ER.

When Grifol was announced as the new Sox manager, at the press conference one of the key things he stressed was, the Sox players would be playing with intensity and hustle...because as he put it, the Sox name on their jersey means something, so they will play with pride. A good manager who actually was passionate about his promises and beliefs, would have Andrus out of the lineup today.

Grifol was a horrible hire and once again, another reason Hahn has to be fired for that and all his other numerous organizational failures. 

From JR to RH, this entire organization is the most underachieving, embarrassing and dysfunctional team in baseball. 

2023 White Sox Mantra continues in strong fashion: STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!

Maybe the problem isn’t pride, maybe it’s the team that was put together.

This Medina is striking out 8 per 9 innings so he has decent stuff, but he’s walking 5 per 9 innings. To beat him you have to be patient and take your walks. You have to be smart.

The White Sox players have been coached since they started in this org to swing harder if they’re struggling, to get more aggressive as the solution to problems. They avoid bringing in guys like Nimmo who take a ton of walks because they’re effective and that makes them too expensive. As a team they have been constructed to struggle against youngsters who are wild.

And literally no one thinks Banks should be a long term starting option. You could ask me or you to go out there on the mound and no matter how much pride we have, we will struggle because we can’t possibly do what is asked of us, we can’t be expected to be a 6th starter, so maybe we should blame The guy who didn’t bring one in.

Maybe they have plenty of pride and they’re doing the best they can at being themselves. Maybe we are asking guys to do things they can’t do. Maybe we should blame the guy who picks players and who decides on the coaching staff and overall philosophy, and who leaves all these holes and weaknesses.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Maybe the problem isn’t pride, maybe it’s the team that was put together.

This Medina is striking out 8 per 9 innings so he has decent stuff, but he’s walking 5 per 9 innings. To beat him you have to be patient and take your walks. You have to be smart.

The White Sox players have been coached since they started in this org to swing harder if they’re struggling, to get more aggressive as the solution to problems. They avoid bringing in guys like Nimmo who take a ton of walks because they’re effective and that makes them too expensive. As a team they have been constructed to struggle against youngsters who are wild.

And literally no one thinks Banks should be a long term starting option. You could ask me or you to go out there on the mound and no matter how much pride we have, we will struggle because we can’t possibly do what is asked of us, we can’t be expected to be a 6th starter, so maybe we should blame The guy who didn’t bring one in.

Maybe they have plenty of pride and they’re doing the best they can at being themselves. Maybe we are asking guys to do things they can’t do. Maybe we should blame the guy who picks players and who decides on the coaching staff and overall philosophy, and who leaves all these holes and weaknesses.

They actually took walks the 1st 2 innings and couldn't get the big hit...then the next 3 innings they went back to their old ways. Very frustrating to watch.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic