7/19 - Chicago White Sox @ New York Mets - 6:10 PM CDT, TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP 1000 AM

ChiSox59

Just now, wegner said:

Is it in the city or outside?

It's way out in Flushing, but it's all city in only the way NYC can be, at least in America. Train runs along some epic graffiti and NYC cityscapes. And Flushing itself is awesome, also home to the US Open. When you get off the train there are signs that point left for baseball and right for tennis.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox starting their charge again!

No Maddux tonight.

The memory of Maddux doesn't scare me....now if you evoked Bruce Chen I'd know the game was a lost cause.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

It's way out in Flushing, but it's all city in only the way NYC can be, at least in America. Train runs along some epic graffiti and NYC cityscapes. And Flushing itself is awesome, also home to the US Open. When you get off the train there are signs that point left for baseball and right for tennis.

If I was to pick a NY stadium to visit, I think I'd go with the Mets. Mostly because I think the Yankees are a bunch of Jagoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The food is great there too. Even just riding the 7 train out there is an experience, so many cool sights.

Took the #7 back in 1967 taking in a Mets-Phillies game at Shea. i remember sitting around some Mets fans and told them I was a White Sox fan and they said, gee you guys win 90 games every year. We were in first place at the time but came up short of 90 wins in 1967 as we lost the last 5 games of the season and a chance of winning the Pennant.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, wegner said:

If I was to pick a NY stadium to visit, I think I'd go with the Mets. Mostly because I think the Yankees are a bunch of Jagoffs.

NYS is boring AF and has huge "moats" that separate the common folks from the kings. You can see it behind home plate on the broadcast, just looks stupid. The area around the stadium is pretty cool tho, lots of little Yankee themed stuff going on, real gritty, at least when I was around about 10 year ago.

Citi is a bit cookie cutter itself but it does have a really cool jackie robinson statue when you walk in and the concourse has great views.

Before I left the east coast I wanted to hit up NYS, Citi and Camden and made it to NYS and Citi twice and Camden once. I loved Camden and you can see why it was so revolutionary right when you walk in, as it's "open air" in a way other stadiums were not previously. Sox unfortunately fell on the wrong side of that divide with New Comiskey.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Same area where the 1964 Worlds Fair was staged, made it to that too, the Globesphere is from the 1964 Worlds Fair.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

NYS is boring AF and has huge "moats" that separate the common folks from the kings. You can see it behind home plate on the broadcast, just looks stupid. The area around the stadium is pretty cool tho, lots of little Yankee themed stuff going on, real gritty, at least when I was around about 10 year ago.

Citi is a bit cookie cutter itself but it does have a really cool jackie robinson statue when you walk in and the concourse has great views.

Before I left the east coast I wanted to hit up NYS, Citi and Camden and made it to NYS and Citi twice and Camden once. I loved Camden and you can see why it was so revolutionary right when you walk in, as it's "open air" in a way other stadiums were not previously. Sox unfortunately fell on the wrong side of that divide with New Comiskey.

I've been to 42 MLB stadiums, and OG Yankee Stadium is the only one I paid for parking because I didn't think my car would be there after the game (took the El to the new one, liked the OG stadium much more just like Shea over the new one). Parked at KC as well, cause running late.

Street parked at all Chicago stadiums, Tiger Stadium over the years, and everywhere else.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I've been to 42 MLB stadiums, and OG Yankee Stadium is the only one I paid for parking because I didn't think my car would be there after the game (took the El to the new one, liked the OG stadium much more just like Shea over the new one). Parked at KC as well, cause running late.

Street parked at all Chicago stadiums, Tiger Stadium over the years, and everywhere else.

I’m impressed you have made it to 42 MLB stadiums.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Touki sadly drops to second among White Sox starters since his acquisition.

6/21 - 7/19

1. Cease 22 1/3 IP, 10 ER (4.02 ERA)
  2. Toussaint 26 1/3 IP, 12 ER (4.10 ERA)
  3. Lynn 24 IP, 12 ER (4,50 ERA)
  4. Giolito 29 2/3 IP, 17 ER (5.16 ERA)
  5. Kopech 8 2/3 IP, 9 ER (9.34 ERA)

Came to this one late so just checked the box score. It looks like Touki's wildness burned him in the 4th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’m impressed you have made it to 42 MLB stadiums.

Yeah....closer to low 20s.

47/50 US States and 40+ countries at least...will have to do one of those European tours where you can pick up 20-25 countries on one trip, which kind of feels like cheating.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Colas just can’t hit 

Like Kopech and Burger and Vaughn...those dreaded lost development years.

Or he just sucks and Sox scouts thought everyone from Cuba could ball after Alexei and Abreu.

Because Yogurt Cespedes and now Colas have been worse than even Leury Garcia. 

Vera not looking as promising as even a year ago...

Edited by caulfield12