7/19 - Chicago White Sox @ New York Mets - 6:10 PM CDT, TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP 1000 AM

ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’m impressed you have made it to 42 MLB stadiums.

Miss all the original or older ones.

Top 3: #1 Comiskey Park (1910-1990); #2 Fenway Park (1912-Current), #3 Tigers Stadium (1912-1999)

Bottom 3: #42 Metrodome; #41 Tampa; #40 Veterans Stadium.

Top 3 New (1990 - 2023) Parks: #1 PNC; #2 Giants Stadium; #3 Seattle / Detroit (Tie)

Missing Current Parks: Texas, Atlanta, Miami,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Miss all the original or older ones.

Top 3: #1 Comiskey Park (1910-1990); #2 Fenway Park (1912-Current), #3 Tigers Stadium (1912-1999)

Bottom 3: #42 Metrodome; #41 Tampa; #40 Veterans Stadium.

Top 3 New (1990 - 2023) Parks: #1 PNC; #2 Giants Stadium; #3 Seattle / Detroit (Tie)

Missing Current Parks: Texas, Atlanta, Miami,

Crazy Texas already on third park since the early 90s.

The second one had a lot of similarity with Old Tigers except not the quaint neighborhood location.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Timmy just has lost all ability to pull a fastball in the air.  Such a bad player now

I want him to be gone for his sake. I’d love to see him traded to a contender. Hopefully that would be the spark he needs to get back to the player who won a batting title a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Like Frank Thomas said, Sox/ATL was fool's gold. Corpse Ball is back. 

The talent level is awful. Having to give at bats to guys like Perez and Sheets and Andrus is pathetic, and Colas is clearly not a major leaguer at this point.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I want him to be gone for his sake. I’d love to see him traded to a contender. Hopefully that would be the spark he needs to get back to the player who won a batting title a few years ago. 

Tim looked good right out of the break this last weekend. Hopefully he can get back on track.

I just don't see them trading him while his value is low unless maybe as a package with Giolito to the Dodgers.

4 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

colas.. just another young player with a dumbfuck approach.

Do we teach these guys to have such a idiotic approach or do we just do a good job of finding stupid players?

They do a really good job of finding Quad A guys. Their approach works in Charlotte, not in Chicago. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

colas.. just another young player with a dumbfuck approach.

Do we teach these guys to have such a idiotic approach or do we just do a good job of finding stupid players?

Guessing it is both. The Sox don't teach very well and as history shows they get a large number of "baseball-stupid" players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baseballgalaly said:

They do a really good job of finding Quad A guys. Their approach works in Charlotte, not in Chicago. 

Is there an award for that which Hahn can claim and put on his resume?

Most negative fWAR outfielders added to active roster over any three year period in MLB history?

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Guessing it is both. The Sox don't teach very well and as history shows they get a large number of "baseball-stupid" players. 

Which is why in "Jerryland", the next GM of the Sox will be our minor league head, Chris Getz. This train wreck will get nothing but worse until Jerry is no longer in the picture. 

42 minutes ago, tray said:

Why sit AVaughn against Verlander ? He has to learn how to hit tough right handers and given where the Sox are in the standings this would have been good practice against one of the best.

No offense Tray, u are a good fan/poster, but did u really want to see Vaughn face Verlander? It woulda been a brutal set of at bats for Sox fans to witness. He's had enuf at bats to show us he is what he is ... mediocre at best. i will say when he does get a hit he often blisters the baseball, but rare he gets a hit.

I wonder if the pathetic Sox would be .500 again if we had the old schedule of the last 10 years or so where we played Central teams 19 times a year. Most nights this year u get the feeling Sox are just overmatched talent wise. Although that doesn't explain Sox dominating Atlanta.

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if the pathetic Sox would be .500 again if we had the old schedule of the last 10 years or so where we played Central teams 19 times a year. Most nights this year u get the feeling Sox are just overmatched talent wise. Although that doesn't explain Sox dominating Atlanta.

Twins 18-12

Tigers  17-12

White Sox 15-11

CLE 13-13

Royals 9-24

White Sox would be -21 without the AL Central/Royals.

Basically the difference in the top of the standings....that and CLE pen in one run and extra innings has flip flopped from 2022 due to weaker pen and lack of timely hitting with RISP.