7/19 - Chicago White Sox @ New York Mets - 6:10 PM CDT, TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP 1000 AM

ChiSox59

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if the pathetic Sox would be .500 again if we had the old schedule of the last 10 years or so where we played Central teams 19 times a year. Most nights this year u get the feeling Sox are just overmatched talent wise. Although that doesn't explain Sox dominating Atlanta.

It’s just been three years of bad decisions from the roster to manager that have just come to roost this season. The FO fell in love with the ‘genius’ of acquiring these young players but never really started a rebuild after that, let alone complete it. They did victory laps without winning really anything and now, in 2023, we are seeing the result.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if the pathetic Sox would be .500 again if we had the old schedule of the last 10 years or so where we played Central teams 19 times a year. Most nights this year u get the feeling Sox are just overmatched talent wise. Although that doesn't explain Sox dominating Atlanta.

Atlanta out scores them in the series.  I wouldn’t call that “dominating”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tray said:

Why sit AVaughn against Verlander ? He has to learn how to hit tough right handers and given where the Sox are in the standings this would have been good practice against one of the best.

In fairness, Vaughn has played in 94 of the 97 starts for White Sox. So maybe Verlander has eaten him up in the past or maybe he just needed a day off. But to your point, Vaughn needs to be in as many games as possible even if worst case he ends up being a trade chip down the road.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, harkness99 said:

colas.. just another young player with a dumbfuck approach.

Do we teach these guys to have such a idiotic approach or do we just do a good job of finding stupid players?

It's the latter! We have a flawed scouting and drafting philosophy. Then once we place these bad players in our farm system, we have minor league coaches apparently with zero concept of player development to make fixes and adjustments.

I bet if Colas was on the Rays or some other good team, he would be fixed and possibly become a decent hitter. 

• Fire 1