7/19 - Chicago White Sox @ New York Mets - 6:10 PM CDT, TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP 1000 AM

ChiSox59

The Sox have their best starter on the mound since he was acquired, and hopefully they can win a few games here for the fans still watching.

Facing Verlander, so that may be an impediment to victory. He is 22-14 with a 3.72 ERA lifetime against the Chicago White Sox.

New York is a -204 favorite, the White Sox a +185 Underdog and a -110 pick'em via the + 1 1/2 run line.

• Hal Linden as Dylan Cease
  • Gregory Sierra as Reynaldo Lopez
  • Abe Vigoda as Eloy Jimenez
  • Maxwell Gail as Lance Lynn
  • Ron Glass as Tim Anderson
  • Jack Soo as Yasmani Grandal
  • Steve Landesberg as Lucas Giolito
  • Ron Carey as Andrew Vaughn
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Love 1

Ok let's see, Verlander is an 40 year old smart veteran pitcher. He knows he can't rely on his fastball domination like many years ago, but he sure can rely on very active sliders and curve balls to mix in, what is still a decent 4-seam fastball. That seems like a smart game plan against the Sox, knowing they sometimes can be a tad impatient and free swingers.

I hate to say this, but this could be another huge day for Sox batters getting K's. Let's hope they are smart and patient tonight and prove me wrong.

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox seem decently likely to face Keuchel this weekend. That’ll be interesting. He has an opt out on Friday and has pitched well in AAA. 

Will be facing Lance Lynn with a Friday start, a battle of the overpriced end of the line finger pointers.

OIP.8yueghcFJBCUt-WwWw0MIwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert Jr has too many games where he’s just not close to being dangerous.  He’s too talented to look like he does some games.

He's way too streaky for my liking. 

Under the old draft system where the Sox could pick top 5 multiple seasons in a row I'd have him on the block but in the current system I doubt the Sox are trading their players with anything more than a year left on their deal. 

Edited by baseballgalaly