• Colas = (0.6)

Rotation:

• Cease = 2.4
  • Kopech = (1.6)

Bullpen:

• Santos = 1.3
  • Bummer = 1.1
  • Crochet = (0.1)

That’s a total of 7.4 fWAR from our “core” this year.  Strip out Robert & Cease and it’s only 0.9 fWAR.  Good luck to this one into a division next year Rick!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Welp, the championship window was nice. I’ll always remember those amazing moments in the regular season.

Lol, yep.  A nice 60 game regular season facing only trash AL and NL Central opponents with a pitching staff that was already on fumes by the end of that season and then a nice regular season in 2021 before they were completely destroyed by the Astros in a non-competitive series. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Lol, yep.  A nice 60 game regular season facing only trash AL and NL Central opponents with a pitching staff that was already on fumes by the end of that season and then a nice regular season in 2021 before they were completely destroyed by the Astros in a non-competitive series. 

You know I kinda did a memory dump on that 2021 regular season because of the Astros kicking their ass in the playoffs. At one point, they had a good chance of having home field advantage throughout the playoffs and they took their foot off the gas intentionally. That team was really good at home that year and home field advantage would have helped.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Another indication he should be shut down and either have his back surgery they have avoided the past three months or until he is fully healthy and can perform all aspects of the game without pain.

There's no guarantee back surgery makes anything better or means he'd be "without pain"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wegner said:

You know I kinda did a memory dump on that 2021 regular season because of the Astros kicking their ass in the playoffs. At one point, they had a good chance of having home field advantage throughout the playoffs and they took their foot off the gas intentionally. That team was really good at home that year and home field advantage would have helped.

Something happened after the All Star break and the team hasn’t been the same since. I blame TLR.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 8:42 AM, wegner said:

Still waiting for them to "flip the switch" LOL!   

On 8/3/2023 at 2:06 PM, The Mighty Mite said:

Something happened after the All Star break and the team hasn’t been the same since. I blame TLR.

It seemed like the team lost it's mojo around the time TLR woke up in the dugout and went ballistic over Yermin Mercedes hitting a home run then gave the Twins permission to throw at him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Still waiting for them to "flip the switch" LOL!   

It seemed like the team lost it's mojo around the time TLR woke up in the dugout and went ballistic over Yermin Mercedes hitting a home run then gave the Twins permission to throw at him.

I agree, the Mercedes incident had to be one of the contributing circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 12:17 PM, fathom said:

What a joke

Billy Hamilton is 32 years old and although not a good hitter, he has always remained in great shape and is still one of the fastest men in baseball. Amazing when a player actually cares, plays with passion and stays in great shape. On the flip side you have Moncada who is 28 years old and apparently was super fast early on. Then unfortunately for Sox fans, Moncada got the money and no longer had the love for the game, to play with intensity and continue to stay in top shape like he once was. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1

Madrigal blows, and they sold high. That was a gamble that didn’t pay off. I’m fine with it. 

Eloy has to go. I like him. Seems like a cool guy to hang out with. But you’re being paid millions of dollars to play a game. You can go to work with a sore heel. This isn’t the guy I want our next wave looking up to. 

• Like 1