Grandal Appreciation Thread

Texsox

Grandal is one of us. 

In 2020 he signed a contract expecting to be part of a window of multiple championship opportunities. Like hundreds of thousands of Sox fans, he was excited and pumped for the future. He thought one day he and Leury the Legend would be on a float heading down Michigan Avenue. 😆

By 2023 he is part of the biggest s%*# show in sports and like hundreds of thousands of Sox fans is saying "f*** this s%*#, this franchise sucks, I want out". 

Like many of us, by the All Star break he didn't want to watch any games. He wanted to go to the lake with his family. Can we blame him?

He too was fooled by JR and his minions. Lucy pulled the football on him. 

We can look away, he can't. Bwahahaha. Enjoy the millions, you earned it for enduring years of this. 

He's one of us. Welcome to the nightmare. 

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

You can insert just about all the Sox players in this thread

We are beyond worthless

Not all of them. I'm thinking some knew that championships weren't built on their (insert soon to be injured body part). Others who had been here knew the smoke and mirrors and internal incompetence. Guys who signed circa 2020 where the one really fooled. 

I'm not certain where to place Liam. Questionable body part or fooled you too. 

25 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Grandahl is one of us. 

In 2020 he signed a contract expecting to be part of a window of multiple championship opportunities. Like hundreds of thousands of Sox fans, he was excited and pumped for the future. He thought one day he and Leury the Legend would be on a float heading down Michigan Avenue. 😆

By 2023 he is part of the biggest s%*# show in sports and like hundreds of thousands of Sox fans is saying "f*** this s%*#, this franchise sucks, I want out". 

Like many of us, by the All Star break he didn't want to watch any games. He wanted to go to the lake with his family. Can we blame him?

We can look away, he can't. Bwahahaha. Enjoy the millions, you earned it for enduring years of this. 

You could appreciate him by spelling his name correctly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

• Texsox changed the title to Grandal Appreciation Thread
10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Still no point of playing him. Maybe they’ll DFA him when Seby comes off the IL though.

Maybe they are just waiting until Seby gets back, but with how much Elvis is still playing I don’t think they DFA Yaz.  Pedro is desperate to win games so developing anyone is out of the question. 

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Maybe they are just waiting until Seby gets back, but with how much Elvis is still playing I don’t think they DFA Yaz.  Pedro is desperate to win games so developing anyone is out of the question. 

Losing with veterans I guess is more important than losing with rookies.

• Thanks 3

On 8/12/2023 at 8:09 AM, Texsox said:

Grandal is one of us. 

And the rest of us got … what?  
He ain’t “one of us”