Saturday Night in Denver Game Thread

wegner

6 hours ago, hankchifan said:

I am switching my allegiance for there stop this season to Jake Burger and the Marlins.  Burger was 4-7 in the Marlins- Dodgers DH today, even though they lost.  There was no need to trade Burger.  Team control thru 2028, one of the top HR in MLB, one of the most popular players on the Sox team who was coming around.  Hahn pissed me off once again. 

I'm checking the Rangers' scores. They may become my second team. 

6 hours ago, Highland said:

On the post-game show, they wanted to talk about some great Sox infielders of the past and then show some minor league highlights. Otherwords, they didn't want to talk about the present. Can't blame them.

Yeah, the current players are just the wrong mix. Nobody likeable except maybe Robert. Maybe Sox do need to overpay for Salvy Perez just to start turning around the clubhouse. They should have an oldtimers game. I would go to that to see some of the actual Sox who are likeable.

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yeah, the current players are just the wrong mix. Nobody likeable except maybe Robert. Maybe Sox do need to overpay for Salvy Perez just to start turning around the clubhouse. They should have an oldtimers game. I would go to that to see some of the actual Sox who are likeable.

Unfortunately from what Brooks told me when I interviewed him past promotions like Old Timers Day, Bat Day and Fathers vs. Sons & Daughters are no longer being held because of insurance risks. 

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Unfortunately from what Brooks told me when I interviewed him past promotions like Old Timers Day, Bat Day and Fathers vs. Sons & Daughters are no longer being held because of insurance risks. 

Thanks Lip Man. Makes no sense though unless they are worried about current White Sox players getting hurt while watching the Old Timers game. Injury at a Fathers vs Sons and Daughters game seems quite remote, geez, unless it's hereditary and the poor kids pull their hammys running during the game.

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Thanks Lip Man. Makes no sense though unless they are worried about current White Sox players getting hurt while watching the Old Timers game. Injury at a Fathers vs Sons and Daughters game seems quite remote, geez, unless it's hereditary and the poor kids pull their hammys running during the game.

Brooks specifically said if one of the kids or dad happens to hit a line drive that nails another kid, the bat day promotion explains itself with the way people react to things today as in some drunk decides to get involved with someone and said person takes a bat to their head and regarding former players (old-timers) if there is a serious injury or a heart attack that results in a lawsuit.  

37 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Brooks specifically said if one of the kids or dad happens to hit a line drive that nails another kid, the bat day promotion explains itself with the way people react to things today as in some drunk decides to get involved with someone and said person takes a bat to their head and regarding former players (old-timers) if there is a serious injury or a heart attack that results in a lawsuit.  

That reminds me of my dad not letting me be a caddy in high school and grade school when all my friends were doing it at Ridge CC. He said 'you could get hit with a golf ball and they are offering no insurance." None of my friends got clipped with errant golf shots.

addendum; I'm glad he wouldn't let me. My friends hated being caddies.

Edited by greg775