A Positive Post to End the Year

Texsox

When discussing the 2024 White Sox, I'm gonna channel Billy Bob Thornton's character in Armegeddon when the General is upset about the group of misfits they are sending into space.....You know I'm kinda encouraged,, this Fedde guy was MVP of the Korean league.

• Hawk 1

I'm heartened by the notion of making the team better just by plugging in guys who will catch and throw the ball correctly, and not plugging in guys like, well, Anthony Benintendi, one of those "kenny always gets his guy" guys. Glove first guys are available and cheap. The 5 tool wonders probably wouldn't sign with us, no matter how much money we threw at them. 

• Paper Bag 1

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I'm heartened by the notion of making the team better just by plugging in guys who will catch and throw the ball correctly, and not plugging in guys like, well, Anthony Benintendi, one of those "kenny always gets his guy" guys. Glove first guys are available and cheap. The 5 tool wonders probably wouldn't sign with us, no matter how much money we threw at them. 

Because any of those five toolers would require much more than $75 million to sign/extend...especially Luis Robert, Jr.

On 12/31/2023 at 12:16 PM, WestEddy said:

Some seem to forget how to do that once they put on that uniform.

On 12/31/2023 at 12:16 PM, WestEddy said:

Maybe that's what you get for $15M these days.  It's not the first WFT contract in baseball.