Mariners vs Sox ST Gamethread

10 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

It's weird to me that Steve and Schriffen spent the half inning talking about eating at the ballpark in light of Reinsdorf saying Benetti was "disgusting" when he ate on camera.

This team is going to be bad. They need to work on their non-game banter.

• Like 1

Not sure why they haven't given Eloy reps to try to learn 1B, so he can serve as a backup 1B instead of wasting an active roster spot on guys like Moustakas or Sheets.

Rather have the three men flexible bench of these three getting regular playing time (Sosa (24) INF/OF, Shewmake  (26) INF and Fletcher (26) / Colas (25) RF/ BU OF) than having Moustakas, Mendick and Pillar who have no trade or future value.

Also nice to hear Chris Singleton interviewed on the radio broadcast. Not sure if he was forced out of his decade plus ESPN weekly radio gig, but he did a great job with both the White Sox and nationally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not sure why they haven't given Eloy reps to try to learn 1B, so he can serve as a backup 1B instead of wasting an active roster spot on guys like Moustakas or Sheets.

Rather have the three men flexible bench of these three getting regular playing time (Sosa (24) INF/OF, Shewmake  (26) INF and Fletcher (26) / Colas (25) RF/ BU OF) than having Moustakas, Mendick and Pillar who have no trade or future value.

Also nice to hear Chris Singleton interviewed on the radio broadcast. Not sure if he was forced out of his decade plus ESPN weekly radio gig, but he did a great job with both the White Sox and nationally. 

Agreed. I liked Singleton in his work here.

• Like 1

Top 4 Josimar Cousin pitching.

3-2 walk to Polanco, stolen base, huge jump by PR Taylor. Garver swing and miss on 3-0 count, Walk next pitch. Another walk. Then 2 Ks Zavala up 3-2. Great over the shoulder running catch by Moose down the RF line. Comedy comment by fan earlier in the count when Zavala looked bad on a swing and miss and a guy yelled " I remember that swing."

Pronouncing pitcher's name Koo seen.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Top 4 Josimar Cousin pitching.

3-2 walk to Polanco, stolen base, huge jump by PR Taylor. Garver swing and miss on 3-0 count, Walk next pitch. Another walk. Then 2 Ks Zavala up 3-2. Great over the shoulder running catch by Moose down the RF line. Comedy comment by fan earlier in the count when Zavala looked bad on a swing and miss and a guy yelled " I remember that swing."

Pronouncing pitcher's name Koo seen.

Haha MLB has it as "co-SEEN"

When they yanked him, I was expecting a Scooby-Doo moment where he takes off his mask and it's JOSE RUIZ!!!