Sox @ KC Royals 4/4/24 6:40 central start

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“Physical mistakes are OK but we made some fundamental mistakes we’re not accustomed to making,” manager Pedro Grifol said. 🤡

Not accustomed to making?  Are you sure about that, Pedro?  This guy must lie when giving confession.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It's going to be a long, embarrassing season.

Get ready to break out those VHS tapes and DVD's of better seasons by the end of April gang. 

12 runs in six games...words fail me. 

I thought this team might avoid 100 losses but I’m starting to think the soxtalk prognosticators pegging them at approaching 120 might be right. Soroka managed to bulldog his way to a strong start and the Sox still got smashed.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It's going to be a long, embarrassing season.

Get ready to break out those VHS tapes and DVD's of better seasons by the end of April gang. 

12 runs in six games...words fail me. 

and 6 of those 12 were in one game!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I think we're going to have to come to grips that Robert has as much swing and miss in his game as Moncada and will be similarly inconsistent from season to season. We've already seen it. 

What's maddening about this is he appears to be taking breaking pitches away much better so far this season, but now can't catch up to the heaters over the plate. 

4 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

What's maddening about this is he appears to be taking breaking pitches away much better so far this season, but now can't catch up to the heaters over the plate. 

The sad thing is that the things that make Moncada hard to trade will also make Robert hard to trade. Both have the ability to be as bad as 1.5 win players and as good as a 5 win player. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

53 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

The sad thing is that the things that make Moncada hard to trade will also make Robert hard to trade. Both have the ability to be as bad as 1.5 win players and as good as a 5 win player. 

Yep, two of the more frustrating guys I've ever watched.  Moncada looks like a different guy so far this season on the effort front, shame he decided to coast through his tenure here and will never reach his full potential.  Robert at least appears to try, but goes through such brutal stretches where he looks lost and caught in between.  Hopefully Robert figures it out here soon and goes on a run, guy is quite fun to watch when he's locked in. 

10 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Yep, two of the more frustrating guys I've ever watched.  Moncada looks like a different guy so far this season on the effort front, shame he decided to coast through his tenure here and will never reach his full potential.  Robert at least appears to try, but goes through such brutal stretches where he looks lost and caught in between.  Hopefully Robert figures it out here soon and goes on a run, guy is quite fun to watch when he's locked in. 

I'm thinking that it might actually be more prudent to move Robert sooner rather than later before he gets expensive and has Moncada's inconsistent track record. 

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

That's the same thing that happens to Yoan from season to season. 

Honestly I think 2023 might be Robert's ceiling, at least in the Sox org. Maybe an org that's not completely ass backwards could get more out of him. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

15 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“Physical mistakes are OK but we made some fundamental mistakes we’re not accustomed to making,” manager Pedro Grifol said. 🤡

Pedro is clueless or must have been asleep last year because they made fundamental mistakes practically every game.

• Like 1

Their 1-for-7 showing with runners in scoring position dropped the South Siders to 4-for-32 in that category for the season. 

It's also interesting that the tribune this morning had a story quoting Iloy as saying he was feeling much better.

They put him on the 10day injured list this afternoon. 🤡

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Their 1-for-7 showing with runners in scoring position dropped the South Siders to 4-for-32 in that category for the season. 

It's also interesting that the tribune this morning had a story quoting Iloy as saying he was feeling much better.

I also read that Eloy said it was his groin, WTF happened to his abductor that was reported. I thought it was interesting seeing him taking BP swings so early and with authority with an abductor injury.

So typical they don't know what's going on, it's beyond ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The funny thing is 1-7 (.143) actually improved our RISP from 3-25 (.120) to 4-32 (.125)