That’s a 7-5 White Sox Winner!

JoeC

I'll confess. I never envisioned one game in which the Sox would score seven runs. And without a homer. I wonder how many homers will lead the team this year. Vaughn with 18 or so? Sheets with 11?

That said, congrats on the victory. I have to control my bitterness when Sox do win. Looks like the bullpen had a good night.

• Like 1

I couldn't watch any of this game.  I assume that's why they won.  Happy for Fletcher.

Stassi left the AAA game early. Is he getting called up for Moncada?!  He's hitting .096 and the only position he plays is catcher.

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I couldn't watch any of this game.  I assume that's why they won.  Happy for Fletcher.

Stassi left the AAA game early. Is he getting called up for Moncada?!  He's hitting .096 and the only position he plays is catcher.

Colas left in the first inning, shortly after the Yoan injury so I think it's him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol. These guys clearly aren't even trying anymore.

I can't post the screenshot, but thegame story headline says "Snake-bitten Sox lose Moncada to injury before rallying past Guards."

The picture shows Robert (wrong player) in a home jersey (it was an away game) to summarize a game in which the picture player was not participating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

6 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Lol. These guys clearly aren't even trying anymore.

I can't post the screenshot, but thegame story headline says "Snake-bitten Sox lose Moncada to injury before rallying past Guards."

The picture shows Robert (wrong player) in a home jersey (it was an away game) to summarize a game in which the picture player was not participating.

everything about the franchise just screams 2nd rate. For awhile even when we stunk you at least heard how JR ran some things well otherwise. and to be fair a lot of sox season ticket holders here in this forum first expressed how incompetent and just lazy/desperate this new breed of sox org was this offseason or maybe even last one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Blind squirrel, broken clock, etc. They'll be back to scoring zero runs soon enough. But I guess enjoy them when they come. There won't be many. 

Today was a good recipe for a win. I'm glad Sosa is in the lineup and will be pleased when Colas is too. They deserve their chances.

It's just been odd to me that they went from pretty well regarded guys to bums in a lot of fans eyes just because of failure in the  brief times up in Sosa's case and a bit longer trial for Colas.

Too bad they couldn't figure out a way to get Kelenic.

It's a shame the old core who are actually still pretty young get injured so often and underperformed.

They got so many fans hopes up that they'd scorn anyone who dared to criticize them or look at them through non rose colored glasses.

The same thing is going on right now with Montgomery .But because of the state of the franchise and the fans total disenchantment with all things White Sox it's not as bad now as it was when you dared question Vaughn ability.

Jack Parkman took a lot of grief for questioning the Sox taking a RH slow 1st baseman so high in the draft.

Then when you get beat up after being right all along it's bad form to call the smug mfers out because now you're fragile ( to use our favorite mods favorite word) or a braggart. Being a fan on a forum is some fucked up fan boy s%*# where the sheep  frat boy mentality rules.

Now it's fashionable to beat on everything White Sox non stop only it's the players, the manager, the FO still taking the daily beatings when it's the one guy in charge who created the mess because he's a capitalist baseball fan when those things don't mix very well. I guessed he proved to himself that frugality and a bit of luck could win a championship once every 50 fifty years but it's a bad way to run a sports franchise .

Nice to see a win.  They'll be few and far between.

Leasure continues to pitch well.  Fletcher is looking better.  Kopech may just become a dominant closer.

Moncada going down is probably the least surprising part of yesterday's game.  Everyone except for Eloy, Robert, and Moncada knew they were full of s%*# when they said they'd each play 150 games.  Now, it's likely they won't play 150 games total.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Moncada was busting it out of the box, he was full tilt when he collapsed before first base. 

I mean the Sox media. We are aware Yoan got hurt hustling.

they’ve updated the picture since then.