Pham up, Pillar out

WestEddy

I get tired of the "he won't be on the next good team" complaint. They have to play the games on the schedule. I'm not sure how putting a first year rookie back at AAA to work on things is "panicking". This team is not going to be a 20-140 team. Once they stabilize, win a couple of games, and they're not a daily national news story, maybe then Sosa, Fletcher and Colas will get a full 2-3 month shot to see if they stick. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FT35 said:

Yes.  The rate in which the bad decisions are happening would cost a High School Athletic Director a job.  It’s completely stunning to see this happen at the Major League Baseball level (or any pro sports team).

Fan favorite, Roland Hemond, was hired as Orioles GM after the 1987 offseason. He assembled a team that started the 1988 season 0-23. Hemond stayed in that role until 1995. 

28 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I get tired of the "he won't be on the next good team" complaint. They have to play the games on the schedule. I'm not sure how putting a first year rookie back at AAA to work on things is "panicking". This team is not going to be a 20-140 team. Once they stabilize, win a couple of games, and they're not a daily national news story, maybe then Sosa, Fletcher and Colas will get a full 2-3 month shot to see if they stick. 

What does Rafael Ortega accomplish? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I get tired of you carrying water for this stupidity,  but here we both are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Getz is such a fucking clown.  What are we even doing at this point?  Playing a few more shitty vets in hopes scrapping together an extra win or two?  In all honesty, if Fletcher needs more minor league time then that trade is a fucking bust.  And if we’re bringing up a non 40 guy over DeLoach, then it’s already time to question the Santos trade.

Absolutely wild that Rick Hahn has been a far superior GM than Chris Getz over the last 12 months.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Bailey Horn also designated

Holy s%*# it’s getting worse by the minute!?!  Getz is in so over his head it’s not even fucking funny.  I can’t even begin to comprehend how anyone could be a little fanboy of this clown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So traded a guy not on the 40-man for a guy who needed to be added and dfa him?

All to add a bunch of 30+ year old scrap heap veterans who will not be on this roster in six months.  This is simply an incompetent GM panicking over setting the all time loss record and pushing the future even farther out.  It’s amazing that I had super low expectations of Getz and he’s still underperformed them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But, but, but….Rick Hahn!  It must be his fault somehow!

Well, ultimately it is. Hahn left this team in deplorable condition.
On another matter,  Pham knows  that the Sox  will move him to a contender in July if he hits decently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

At this point, I feel that Soroka, Flexen, Fedde, Keller, Clevinger, Brebbia and Leone are very important parts of this club's future. Get any of them tuned up and trade them. Sosa, Colas, Fletcher, Lee, Nastrini and Cannon will have 2 solid months of major league time in August and September. 

Holy f***, are you actually Chris Getz?  This is literally one of the most insane posts I have seen on this board in my 20+ years posting here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

No, I'm more of a "reality apologist". I don't really look at ERA. Gowen's age appropriate for high-A. His WHIP is 1.043, he's striking out 10/9 and only walking 3.5/9. If Mena can't get his BB/9 number down, he won't have success in the bigs. 

I understand the frustration. This team sucks. It's not true they got nothing of value for Bummer. I wish they still had Mena, too. I still think it's too soon to label the trade a complete fleecing. People are proclaiming this team a complete s%*#-show where the true prospects shouldn't be brought up to this clown car to just fail, but then we proclaim Fletcher and Sosa as failures because they faltered in this clown car. Pick a lane. 

Under no circumstance is Riley Gowens age appropriate in High A.  There may be a bunch of org guys in High A bumping up the league average age, but there are likely very few legit prospects (if any) that are 24 years of age.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Well, ultimately it is. Hahn left this team in deplorable condition.
On another matter,  Pham knows  that the Sox  will move him to a contender in July if he hits decently.

Hahn didn’t trade a top 10 prospect for a 26 year tweener OF who they just demoted.  Hahn didn’t trade for a 26 year LH reliever who required a 40 man roster spot only to DFA him two months later.  And while Hann did sign plenty of shitty vets in his time, he didn’t sign these shitty vets.   There is plenty to blame Hahn for, but Getz is also failing in real time. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Holy f***, are you actually Chris Getz?  This is literally one of the most insane posts I have seen on this board in my 20+ years posting here.

Nope. You're wrong. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean not really. He’s actually not a good OF at all. Demoting Fletcher for Ortega is flat out terrible.

Well, I haven't been screaming for any moves. The people who have been screaming for "accountability" are now screaming because Lenyn Sosa and Fletch were sent to AAA to regroup themselves. It's just a change of scenery. Everyone will be okay. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Well, I haven't been screaming for any moves. The people who have been screaming for "accountability" are now screaming because Lenyn Sosa and Fletch were sent to AAA to regroup themselves. It's just a change of scenery. Everyone will be okay. 

You're definitely Chris Getz holy f***.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'm not sure what you find "insane" about getting the guys you acquired to train up and flip actual playing time so you can, you know, get them working on improvements, then trade them. 

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Under no circumstance is Riley Gowens age appropriate in High A.  There may be a bunch of org guys in High A bumping up the league average age, but there are likely very few legit prospects (if any) that are 24 years of age.

ok