White Sox vs. New York Starr Insurance - 5/17, 6:05 PM first pitch

• Quin pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Remember, the Yankee image is too pure for long hair, facial hair (sans well kept mustaches), or City Connect uniforms.

Good for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Schedule gets rough next couple week. Let's see if we can play .450 ball or so. 

.450 runs per game? It might be close. 

Fun fact: Of rookies with at least 50 plate appearances, Korey Lee has the highest average at .309 (6th in OBP).

Of all MLB hitters with at least 50 plate appearances, Maldonado has the 5th worst average and 5th worst OBP. Fun fact: Shewmake has the worst OBP.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Fun fact: Of rookies with at least 50 plate appearances, Korey Lee has the highest average at .309 (6th in OBP).

Of all MLB hitters with at least 50 plate appearances, Maldonado has the 5th worst average and 5th worst OBP. Fun fact: Shewmake has the worst OBP.

What blackmail material does Maldonado have on Chris Getz?

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Shewmake got optioned to Charlotte. Another great Getz find.

I see Getz reads SoxTalk game threads.

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Julks in

lineup517.jpg

I don't even like Fletcher and I don't understand why RF isn't one of Fletcher/Colas/DeLoach. This is literally the year to see what you've got.

Meanwhile, I feel like I missed Mendick's return. When the f*** did that happen?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I don't even like Fletcher and I don't understand why RF isn't one of Fletcher/Colas/DeLoach. This is literally the year to see what you've got.

Meanwhile, I feel like I missed Mendick's return. When the f*** did that happen?

LIterally minutes ago.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Yea I don't get it either. The process seems silly. If you ID Fletcher as a guy you want, you might as well see what you've got in him in a throwaway year rather than a vet or something. Colas I see because frankly I don't think he's that good and probably won't ever amount to anything (zero improvement in his plate discipline so far) and you can extend out his clock letting him play everyday in AAA.

Mendick got activated but they had the off day, they didn't have to make a 26 man move until today I believe.

If the Sox are going to score it will be tonight against Nestor Cortes. Yanks working on 26 scoreless IP. 

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For some odd reason I think we're going to get to him a bit.

Bet the house on that?

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Shewmake got optioned to Charlotte. Another great Getz find.

That player's saga is disappointing. His career has to be over. Baseball is a cruel game.

30 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Bet the house on that?

You have to give credit to greg for only giving gambling advice when I have a strong feeling. I do not have such a feeling on this one despite the Yankees obviously being a much better team. If a gun was put to my head and I had to gamble I'd say bet the Yankees. You'd have to bet big though to win any sustainable cash as the Yanks are probably minus 360 or so.

• Haha 3

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic